NEW FROM WINGNUT WINGS

krow113

I love a good fig , but I have alla those kits already.

At least they have come up with the long promised figs , I wonder if a Gotha Premier edition is next.

Bringing the Gotha up to the AEG level would be nice.

Just got back from the show. The figures that will accompany these kits are exceptional, especially when painted by a maestro - the facial likenesses are incredible given the scale. Release date may be this year. Might try and get photos tomorrow unless someone else posts.

Picked up a postwar DH9 kit for less than half price because the box lid was knackered. :)

• Like 1

It will be interesting to see how these are priced. My understanding from reading elsewhere is that the decal options are more limited (obvious I suppose) but that is offset by the figures, there may or may not be extra P/E included. 

Understandably some folk are over the moon that they'll get another chance at buying these kits and others are claiming it's a Hasenuts/Wingagama marketing ploy. It's true what they say about not being able to please all the folk etc!

At least everyone got Manfred and a triplane as expected eh :)

Duncan B

• Like 1

A marketing ploy to keep the kits affordable.

If the spectre of re-issue is imminent then re-sellers wont make as much.

So the silly prices seen prior to re-issues , I'm thinking of the H.B 28. , wont be prevalent.

It also allows the fretful to be a little less worried about a singular kit.

Of course originals will retain a little more value , but only for collectors.

Edited by krow113
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, krow113 said:

A marketing ploy to keep the kits affordable.

If the spectre of re-issue is imminent then re-sellers wont make as much.

So the silly prices seen prior to re-issues , I'm thinking of the H.B 28. , wont be prevalent.

It also allows the fretful to be a little less worried about a singular kit.

Of course originals will retain a little more value , but only for collectors.

I'm all in favour of Wingnuts producing more kits and re-releasing their earlier catalogue so agree with all of the above. I'm happy to sell lots of WnW kits at less than retail to lots of people who are happy to buy them rather than less for more.

Duncan B

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Duncan B said:

I'm all in favour of Wingnuts producing more kits and re-releasing their earlier catalogue so agree with all of the above. I'm happy to sell lots of WnW kits at less than retail to lots of people who are happy to buy them rather than less for more.

Duncan B

Very well said Duncan

I've got no issue with paying for a good product, but when that product becomes unattainable what's the point.  All exclusivity crates demand but it also creates a black market just look around eBay and see the prices some are trying to sell WNW kits for . I'd argue many doing the selling aren't in the hobby just in it for the money!

Edited by Kev The Modeller
  • Like 2

I wonder if these were the premium edition kits WNW hinted at a few years ago with the additional details or just an "Aircrart of the Aces" series. Either way, they are most welcome and reveal why WNW haven't included the obvious markings to date.  I've been collecting a few aircraft of the aces with plans to pair them with figures from the likes of Model Cellar and these releases will include everything in one package.

Thanks WNW! I'll look forward to these releases.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, FZ6 said:

I wonder if these were the premium edition kits WNW hinted at a few years ago with the additional details or just an "Aircrart of the Aces" series. Either way, they are most welcome and reveal why WNW haven't included the obvious markings to date.  I've been collecting a few aircraft of the aces with plans to pair them with figures from the likes of Model Cellar and these releases will include everything in one package.

Thanks WNW! I'll look forward to these releases.

Richard Alexander, in the April GWSIG newsletter Cher Ami, says they're still planning on the extra resin and lots of PE sets some time in the future. In the context of the Bristol Fighter "10 colour schemes, half a dozen figures and hundreds of
photo-etch detail parts."

Paul.

• Like 1

Lol

I had remarks removed from another forum when I stated factually that WNW does not tell us the truth.

WNW DOES NOT tell us the truth. I'm sure if employees did they would breach their contracts and be fired.

The Camel scenario proves the fact they don't , wont , cant tell us the truth. And a number of other well known claims and statements have PROVEN  to be rumours.

These remarks aren't challenging or detrimental , they are just the facts.

I have said more times than that that WNW kits are great , prolly a great place to work and we are lucky to have them supplying these kits for us.

I think finding talented workers who are loyal is WNW's biggest problem. That would be a plausible reason for the delayed and non appearance of the figs and premium editions.

WNW is doing a great job and keep it up!

Edited by krow113

7 hours ago, Kev The Modeller said:

Very well said Duncan

I've got no issue with paying for a good product, but when that product becomes unattainable what's the point.  All exclusivity crates demand but it also creates a black market just look around eBay and see the prices some are trying to sell WNW kits for . I'd argue many doing the selling aren't in the hobby just in it for the money!

Thanks Kev , this is exactly what I meant , WNW prolly does not want others profiting off of their kits in that manner. So alla the guys who bought 4-5 kits of one kind , hoping for exorbitant price gouging later on , are SOL!!!!!!

Good one WNW!

I look forward to the figures being offered separately as well, wonder what others they'll do. Mike Good's Model Cellar sculpts are incredible.

• Like 1

Might be nice if they are offered separately , but then would the kit boxing sales be ok.

I think there is more to come , so far this year the offerings have been  a little on the esoteric side , so a big 'everyone loves it' is coming , my feeling based on , well , nothing.

And yes I have a number of Model Cellar figs , they are pretty cool.

That’s a coincidence I have just started to practice painting figures. When are they due out as I have a very long way to go. 

I really like the look of the Richtofen DV.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, krow113 said:

Figgies are good and add to any display:

IMG_4804.jpg

I agree and your figure looks very good as does the base. I am not convinced with my ability to do either, as I have never been able to do anything that does not look like it is from a Dr Seuss book. 

Don't worry too much about it and dive in!

Here is an early attempt of mine :

ext9.jpg

One judge described the pilot as ;  ' Reminiscent of a chalk outline at a murder scene"

lol Learn from your experience , no matter how much it hurts, after all its only a model.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, krow113 said:

Don't worry too much about it and dive in!

Here is an early attempt of mine :

ext9.jpg

One judge described the pilot as ;  ' Reminiscent of a chalk outline at a murder scene"

lol Learn from your experience , no matter how much it hurts, after all its only a model.

I agree the only way to learn how to do something is to do that thing.  I have been working on 1/48 scale figures which I now know are too small for me at the moment.  

I have just got some 1/32 scale figures so onwards and upwards....... 

I think the judge was a bit harsh with that.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, krow113 said:

' Reminiscent of a chalk outline at a murder scene"

Which are, of course, drawn around real people only recently deceased.  Well; usually.

Sounds to me this judge was looking for an opportunity to launch his little 'bon mots' and be thought quite the little wit, at the expense of actually doing his job in a measured and professional manner.

• Like 1

lo0l

The 'judge' is a pretty good friend of mine actually!

He's shown me a lot regarding 'show modelling' .

The figs are the only ones available in 1/24 to go with the FW , both are from Verlinden.

All I did was rotate the pilots arms into a higher position , it couldn't get any less silly:

ext5.jpg

ext7.jpg

Another wag thought the groundwork looked like someones front yard. I have a mind to give this one a go - over , the engine is fully plumbed and wired.

Edited by krow113