1/72nd Special Hobby Pucara, Argentinian AF, Falkland Islands 1982.

Hiya Folks,

I made this one quite a long time ago as part of a Falklands War special issue of a magazine,... but I have a feeling that it might never have been used as I had also built a 1/48th scale version too, wearing a darker colour scheme. Anyway,... I have never taken digital photos of it and as it was outside the cabinet today I thought I`d snap a few and share them with you, just to prove that I sometimes build something `different';

26696782907_53b2812c79_k.jpgDSCF2919 by Tony OToole, on Flickr

40854111454_9a82986384_k.jpgDSCF2918 by Tony OToole, on Flickr

41565478691_54e7bbd3d0_k.jpgDSCF2920 by Tony OToole, on Flickr

41565477921_54d9cb6060_k.jpgDSCF2922 by Tony OToole, on Flickr

26696782357_ba15a1445f_k.jpgDSCF2921 by Tony OToole, on Flickr

This kit was later released by Airfix too but without the resin seat parts etc. This one was brush painted as usual,...., but I really cannot remember which colours I used,....I seem to remember using Humbrol enamels, but I could well be wrong after all this time,.... I`ll see if I can find my old notes.

The wreck of the real A-511 still remains in the Falklands, or the penninsular of Lafonia to be exact, which is 20 miles from Goose Green and where it was shot down by a Sea Harrier flown by Sharkey Ward,....while flown by Major Tomba who was lucky to survive his extremely low ejection.

Image result for pucara a-511Image result for pucara a-511

And here is a painting of Tomba being shot down and ejecting;

Image result for pucara a-511

Cheers

Tony

Edited by tonyot
  • Like 47

Certainly different to your usual output Tony, but well up to your usual standards.

I've always thought that the Pucara was an attractive looking aeroplane and this colour scheme really highlights that fact.

• Like 1

I really like your model, do the propellers spin?

I built the Airfix boxing of Special Hobby when I was younger, painted it with Revell Aqua Pale Stone and RAF Dark Green with Light Blue. Now I´m older and waiting for Kinetic´s release in 1:48. I should also get their Mirage IIIEA and Super Etendard.

Edited by Sturmovik
  • Like 1

Tasty, very tasty.  One of these in 1/48 would be on my wishlist.

I remember seing one at the St Athan airshow sometime in the early 80s, the camouflage was something different to what we were used to seeing. I seem to remember it being quite a surprisingly large aircraft as well.

Cheers :thumbsup:

Gaz

• Like 1

Thanks for your kind remarks everybody!

8 hours ago, Sturmovik said:

I really like your model, do the propellers spin?

I built the Airfix boxing of Special Hobby when I was younger, painted it with Revell Aqua Pale Stone and RAF Dark Green with Light Blue. Now I´m older and waiting for Kinetic´s release in 1:48. I should also get their Mirage IIIEA and Super Etendard.

Cheers,.... no the props don`t spin I`m afraid! 

11 hours ago, ArmouredSprue said:

Great looking modell mate. I have one of this in stash, how was it to build?

Cheers,...... it was actually quite a struggle,..... but nothing that cannot be beaten into submission!

All the best,

Tony

• Like 1

Still have the magazine in my bookshelf.

I think the colors were humbrol 121,90 and 122, but I have to check this out.

Sorry to hear that it was a dog to build, 'cause I still have two of these .

Cheers,

Joseph

• Like 1