Canadian Air Force CC-142 (dash 8) questions

Nigel Bunker

I have acquired a Hobbycraft kit of this plane and would like to finish it in the overall grey scheme rather than the camouflaged scheme. I have two questions.

1. What colour grey should it be finished in? My guess is FS 36713 as it liiks similar to the Atlas C.1 and C-17 colour but I could be totally wrong.

2 Does anybody make Canadian Air Force decals for the CC-142?

The owner has a strange system in that when you order them they then become in stock just for you. He had many problems before with orders getting out of hand, so now will only print what is ordered. I think that it does explain this on the web site better than I can.

Personally, I am not a big fan of CanMilAir.  Whether its that he uses an Alps printing system or that he takes a 2-D image and creates a decal that is to be applied to a 3-D item.  If you can find Leading Edge's resin and decal set, you will be very happy with it.

Edited by Wm Blecky
typo

5 hours ago, Wm Blecky said:

Personally, I am not a big fan of CanMilAir.  Whether its that he uses an Alps printing system or that he takes a 2 image and creates a decal that is to be applied to a 3-D item.  If you can find Leading Edge's resin and decal set, you will be very happy with it.

The Leading Edge sheet is only applicable to the Nav trainers in the blue scheme, Nigel wants to do the more current grey scheme.

On 4/19/2018 at 5:27 PM, Romeo Alpha Yankee said:

The Leading Edge sheet is only applicable to the Nav trainers in the blue scheme, Nigel wants to do the more current grey scheme.

Didn't see the harm in presenting a superior option to the CanMilAir one that was suggested - don't you think it's always good to be aware of other (better) choices?  Reading things with such a narrow and constricted view, one can miss out on something else that may prove more appealing.

• Like 1

I agree with William, that is how I find all sorts of new websites I had never heard of, and it is a good thing as for where William and I live in southern B.C., there is precious little to chose from as far as LHS ( William is lucky, he can go to his LHS in Pecticton, 5 hour drive for me, from Nelson, say Hi to Martin for me ! ) so I actually LOVE it when you guys make new suggestions, I find all kinds of treasures....... I always try to be on the look out, even if something doesn't match my immediate ideas, there is always something I can find to spend my money on..  😉

On 4/24/2018 at 6:12 PM, Wm Blecky said:

Reading things with such a narrow and constricted view,

Not so. The OP clearly stated that he was doing the grey one.

That said,thanks for the info as the blue one is on my to do list.

Re CanMilair due to this new system there is a very long wait I'm afraid. Not negating CanMilair as I have used lots of his decals but with the current ordering system there is a long queue... I know 'cos I'm in it ....somewhere.