Revell (2011) Citroen 2CV Charleston

This is my finished 2CV.

I did run into a pretty big problem as you can probably see, the front axle struggled to be in the correct position. Even after open surgery it could not be corrected without causing more major damage. A side note, my Gloss yellow paint never arrived so I had to make do with matt, which I actually have come to like. (The right side mirror is on a slant in some images, which is now rectified).

I truly enjoyed this model and the process involved. - Would recommend.

IMG_3497_zpshbcumcsh.jpgIMG_3518_zpsoxmd6rcz.jpgIMG_3513_zpsaayqq23m.jpgIMG_3512_zpsesigqqmk.jpgIMG_3509_zpsblof2oxg.jpg

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, JeroenS said:

Very nice! I think the matt paint actually does it justice. I've seen these things driving around, hand painted!

Thanks! Yes I thought so too. A lot of the 2CV’s on the web are matt in colour. It’s a great car.

I wasn't sure at first, but the more I look at it, the better that matt finish looks - it gives it a nice weathered appearance. Almost a shame you straightened out the mirror - give it a coat of aluminium or "silver" paint and it would have really suited the car (in my opinion anyway). Great end result - hope you're proud of it.

• Like 1

Love the 2CV had about 3 over the years. I'd love to see yours, but Photobucket have taken a big dislike to your photos and replaced them with what I would describe as quite a forceful notice..... ooh eh missus ! 

BillyD

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Billydick said:

Love the 2CV had about 3 over the years. I'd love to see yours, but Photobucket have taken a big dislike to your photos and replaced them with what I would describe as quite a forceful notice..... ooh eh missus ! 

BillyD

It’s bloody annoying, can’t seem to sort it out . I’ll re edit the images using another site tommorow if I get a chance.