CASA 212-100 Special Hobby 1:72

Outstanding!

I really like builds of (no offence) less glamourous aircraft.

You have really nailed it.  Must look out for this kit - though I would struggle to get your results.

:goodjob::worthy:

7 hours ago, kapam said:

I really like builds of (no offence) less glamourous aircraft.

Less glamourous aircraft...???? No offence...???? Glamour and Aviocar, are two words that CANNOT be put together in the same sentence:D:D:D

I remember those days, flying in that "flying van".....it was noisy, trembled lika a wet cat, fitted with canvas seats and an absolutely naked interior....No, Sir...no offence at all.......

By the way...they are called "Picio" in the spanish air force.....Picio was a spanish historic character, sadly known for his extreme uglyness.....

Cheers

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Absolutely beautiful rendering of this important aircraft!

I have to get that kit and build it as an early (1987) Kustbevakningen (Coast Guard) Swedish machine, based at Skavsta airport outside Nyköping, 100 kms south of Stockholm.

In the summer of 1987, after an intense air show day, I stood just behind the threshold of the open ramp of a Casa C-212-200 with an Arriflex 16 mil cine camera on a tripod, shooting two Spitfires in close formation as we overflew the historic town of Nyköping at some 300 ft. Just before we took off, the second officer had come aft and suggested that it might be a good idea if I had some sort of restraint, to prevent me from making an involuntary exit in the air. My colleague found a long, orange packing strap, fastened it in an eyelet of some kind and tied the other end around my waist.

As we finished several successful passes, I waved the Spits away and turned to make the thumbs up sign to my colleague, who sat on a canvas seat in the front part of the cabin. I was surprised to see him waving and shouting something, but I couldn't make out what, because of the din of the engines.

I realised then that he was frantically pointing at my feet. There on the floor was my life saving strap, lying in a messy skein of orange nylon. The knot must have slipped…

Superb model, Mathy!

Kind regards,

Joachim

• Like 2

On 18.4.2018 at 6:38 PM, Thud4444 said:

That looks great. How did you get that finish?

I used Mr Hobby FS36270 for the overall finsh with some spots in lighter and darker grey. Further I used a slighty postshading plus some fine oilcolors for the panellines

• Thanks 1

Wow this is a great build and i love your wheatering as well.

This is very appropriate for these aircraft.

I must say it is a lovely little kit with outstanding options and detail.

Cheers, Jan

Edited by janneman36

A lovely build Sir ! :goodjob: And thank you for the additional information on them with the Spanish Air Force, most interesting.

I to have this kit, but, have decided to wait until the Caracal Decals sheet is released.

I am hoping you can build the Do-27/CASA C-127 to the same standard for us to enjoy ?

Best regards

Colin

Beautiful build @mathy!!  You have done such a remarkable thing, I thought I saw the real thing in the pictures..

how is the interior detail of the kit?

I really want to have this kit, but it's pretty difficult to have a special hobby kit in my area.. (and order it online just insanely expensive these days).

Quite sad, since I got a lot experience with Casa 212... from around 40+ times taking off in it, I only experienced landing while still  in it for 3 times ;), got a multiple fractures after jumping out of one, and even had to manually pushed one after saw it careening off the runway!  

Cheers,

Mario