Hello from Canada

Frank083

Good day everyone,

I initially just passed by this amazing site for viewing & finally couldn`t resist to register! :) Let`s introduce myself, my name is François (Frank) & I`m doing modelling since I`m 13! I just returned from a 10 years break! Let`s see if I can still handle the joystick... :)

I will post soon some of my work & current projects! :)

Regards

Frank

• Like 1

Thanks for the warm welcome guys! Most appreciated. I'm native from Quebec City but I'm currently living in Montreal! Nice to see another Canadian fellow here! :)

Cheers!

Frank

• Like 1

There are a few of us kicking around here with a couple frequenters from here in Alberta. Crimea River and foresterab are both from farther south. During the wildfires and city evacuation in May '16, foresterab was up here helping fight the fires and using the PM, was messaging me details. He even let me know that my area of town was okay and my house was still standing.

There are a lot of great people from all over the world here.

Chris

Hello, and :welcome: Frank to Britmodeller, it's a great place to be. You are very typical of the membership here; i.e., started as a youngster, had a break(job, travel, etc.), and returning. You'll fit in just fine. As Chris noted above; there are people from all over the world here. It is a goldmine of knowledge and help. I am Joe, live in the SE corner of Wisconsin, USA. I look forward to your builds, comments, and questions.

Joe

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, dogsbody said:

There are a few of us kicking around here with a couple frequenters from here in Alberta. Crimea River and foresterab are both from farther south. During the wildfires and city evacuation in May '16, foresterab was up here helping fight the fires and using the PM, was messaging me details. He even let me know that my area of town was okay and my house was still standing.

There are a lot of great people from all over the world here.

Chris

Ho! Terrible moments I’m sure it way! I remember seeing shocking images from there! Apocalypse scenes! Glad that you haven’t been hurt! Hope this year mother nature will be fair.

Frank

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JPuente54 said:

Hello, and :welcome: Frank to Britmodeller, it's a great place to be. You are very typical of the membership here; i.e., started as a youngster, had a break(job, travel, etc.), and returning. You'll fit in just fine. As Chris noted above; there are people from all over the world here. It is a goldmine of knowledge and help. I am Joe, live in the SE corner of Wisconsin, USA. I look forward to your builds, comments, and questions.

Joe

Hi Joe,

thanks a lot for the very warm welcome😁 You Just described exactly my last 10 years! Nothing to regret for sure, I guess it was a matter of time to get back on riding. Thank you for your generosity and stay tuned with some of my current project. I must say that the return is better than expected at first. Modelling might be same as bicycle after all...you just can’t forget how to handle it...😜

Frank

1 hour ago, Frank083 said:

Ho! Terrible moments I’m sure it way! I remember seeing shocking images from there! Apocalypse scenes! Glad that you haven’t been hurt! Hope this year mother nature will be fair.

Frank

Yes, we had more snow this winter and it's slowly melting. Besides, there's not that much to burn now.

Chris

Salut Francois,

I spent a couple of weeks working the Fort Mac fire with the SOPFEU guys out of the Quebec along with a bunch of other agencies.   Thankfully their English was much better than my very poor French.  Please give me regards to Montreal as I have fond, abit fuzzy, memories of McGill and the pubs there.

Welcome to Britmodeller...there's Canadians from the Wet coast all the way to the East coast here. 

foresterab

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Welcome Frank! I am from Argentina but I’ve been living in Edmonton for the past 4 years, loving this beatiful country. 

Hope to see your works in progress soon. 

Cheers!

Edited by Lomcevak
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 20/04/2018 at 00:01, foresterab said:

Salut Francois,

I spent a couple of weeks working the Fort Mac fire with the SOPFEU guys out of the Quebec along with a bunch of other agencies.   Thankfully their English was much better than my very poor French.  Please give me regards to Montreal as I have fond, abit fuzzy, memories of McGill and the pubs there.

Welcome to Britmodeller...there's Canadians from the Wet coast all the way to the East coast here. 

foresterab

Hi foresterab,

sorry for late reply! Yes, you can court on me for the warm regards to mtl guys! I sould also come one day And say hello 🤗 to the west forester guys!😋

cheers 

Frank

On 22/04/2018 at 01:33, Lomcevak said:

Welcome Frank! I am from Argentina but I’ve been living in Edmonton for the past 4 years, loving this beatiful country. 

Hope to see your works in progress soon. 

Cheers!

Thank you for the welcome message! Nice to hear from another adopted Canadian friend!

stay tuned for my WIP project!😋

Frank

On 30/04/2018 at 01:12, Uncle Pete said:

Welcome aboard, Frank... Any friend of Bob and Doug McKenzie is okay by me!

Thanks for the welcome message UnclePete! Glad to see that you adopted me!😆

Frank

• Like 1

:welcome: aboard Frank - seems I'm a bit late to the party.  Don't worry about Uncle Pete - he doesn't bite, but he might gum you a bit. :unsure:

• Haha 2

On 03/05/2018 at 07:48, Mike said:

:welcome: aboard Frank - seems I'm a bit late to the party.  Don't worry about Uncle Pete - he doesn't bite, but he might gum you a bit. :unsure:

Hi Mike,

no worries, thanks for the welcome message. No problem at all, Teasing others can go both ways!

😜

Feank