New Minnesota member

Harold55

I have been coming to this site for many years and have really enjoyed the great work presented here.  I recently saw the collection of Hub Plott's 1/48 large aircraft and could no longer just look but had to ask to join in and congratulate him on the incredible job.  This is how I came to join but I hope to contribute over time (although nothing of such calibre).  My own interest is aircraft and the ocassional armour model in 1:48 scale.  I build mostly out of the box.  I have a little over 200 built and a stash approaching that number so I am assured of a long life.  I seem to buy two for every one I compete.  Particularly I like the unusual aircraft, those rarely seem and as such I have plenty of short run models in my collection (most left to be built). I want to Thant this site for continued inspiration.  Just an aside, we had 16 inches of snow here over the weekend which is amazing for mid April but it makes for great model making weather.  

Now I need to find a picture to add to my name.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, dogsbody said:

Greetings from farther northwest. Are you near the birthplace of my all-time music hero, Bob Dylan?

Chris

We are weather wimps in MN compared to Northern Alberta that's for sure.  I have been to where Dylan is from a couple times but it is a good drive from where I am, which is mor in the southern part of the state.

• Like 1

:welcome: Harold, to BM, it's a great place to be. I am Joe, live in the next state over, Wisconsin(SE corner). We are getting snow down here; but, no more than a couple of inches, most of which melts the next day. My stepdaughter is doing her residency in central Wis.(Tomah/Fort McCoy area); they have about 9-10 inches there. Glad to see that you took the plunge and joined. This site is a goldmine of knowledge and help. My interests are aircraft in "The One True Scale(1/72nd)", any era. I look forward to your builds, comments, and questions.

Joe