Jawa Sandcrawler - "OOTINI !" 1/96 Randy Cooper Models

Thank you to those that crawled along with me over the many long months over on the WIP pages while this big beastie went together. She's done at last - perhaps I might add some dusty effects later on in the year but I have already wiped the worktops down in my workshop and moved on to other things. The diorama has already been to a few UK shows (IPMS Shropshire and IPMS Poole's shows) which got the kids asking lots of questions, and one member of the public innocently asked me if it was a WWI or WWII artillery piece last weekend ! There's only one word in reply to that.... "OOTINI..!"

I've put my 11 yr old nephew on display here to start with to give you an idea of the kits size in 1/96 scale.

DSC01695

DSC01692

DSCF7625

DSCF7627

DSCF7629

DSCF7630

DSCF7631

DSCF7632

DSCF7633

DSCF7634

DSCF7635

DSC01691

DSC01691 (2)

DSC01690

DSC01690 (2)

That's all for now folks, I've got my other new Randy Cooper Avenger Star Destroyer to start thinking about getting started soon which will keep me out of mischief for a good few months after finishing off a few inbetweener quick builds I have lined up.

May the Force be with you, always....

John

• Like 16

John,

Congrats on this absolutely wonderful model which I had the great pleasure to study at Gosford.

Having seen the build thread, I confess that the completed article, with the Jawas and the diorama base - and R2D2 being carried off - is as I said, wonderful.

I also took the opportunity to have another good look at the Star Destroyer, and incredibly discovered a third cheeky little item - the lambda class shuttle just in front of the bridge!

• Thanks 1

So after you've built the Star Destroyer I assume you'll be taking an HGV test so you can transport everything together? You'll need it!

I was impressed by the build, but seeing it on display like this makes a bigger impact (especially of its impressive dimensions!)

Now, when are you starting the Destroyer? 

• Thanks 1