RDAF F-16 MLU Recce Pod (MRP)

typhoon1

Hi There

I have recently got the Daco 1/72 MRP Reconnaissance Pod and I want to put it on my RDAF F-16A MLU of the Skrydstrup wing but I cannot seem to find any really good pictures of it on RDAF F-16s.

Would anyone have any recent pictures of the RDAF ones carrying it or is it not used anymore.

Many Thanks

Craig

On 4/17/2018 at 12:24 PM, typhoon1 said:

Hi There

I have recently got the Daco 1/72 MRP Reconnaissance Pod and I want to put it on my RDAF F-16A MLU of the Skrydstrup wing but I cannot seem to find any really good pictures of it on RDAF F-16s.

Would anyone have any recent pictures of the RDAF ones carrying it or is it not used anymore.

Please note that there are rather different versions of the MRP, and Daco did the Belgian version. In 2006 I wrote an article about F-16 stores for the IPMS-NL magazine, and it included this drawing of four different versions in use at that time. Accuracy is not 100%, since I worked from limited photo references.

The MRP in the video looks like the RDAF pod like I drew it. I did not draw lower side views, but as far as I know, the RDAF version had just one window, running from side to side. Apart from the Daco one, there's a Taiwanese 1/72 resin one too, by Dangerous, catalog number CO72001. I don't know what version that represents.

Rob

modreccepod.jpg

Thank you for the information gentlemen most helpful the info on the  the differances between the MRP pods.

Thank you Jens for the shots of the MRP superb.

My kit I am doing will require some modification to do a RDAF machine and it will have to have the older PIDS pylons the ones carried know are a very nice piece of kit but are way out of making with my model skills.

Again many thanks.

Kind Regards

Craig

• Like 1

On 4/18/2018 at 5:37 PM, Rob de Bie said:

Please note that there are rather different versions of the MRP, and Daco did the Belgian version. In 2006 I wrote an article about F-16 stores for the IPMS-NL magazine, and it included this drawing of four different versions in use at that time. Accuracy is not 100%, since I worked from limited photo references.

The MRP in the video looks like the RDAF pod like I drew it. I did not draw lower side views, but as far as I know, the RDAF version had just one window, running from side to side. Apart from the Daco one, there's a Taiwanese 1/72 resin one too, by Dangerous, catalog number CO72001. I don't know what version that represents.

Rob

modreccepod.jpg

Does Dangerous have a website or product catalogue somewhere online?

Luigi

On 19-4-2018 at 9:29 PM, typhoon1 said:

My kit I am doing will require some modification to do a RDAF machine and it will have to have the older PIDS pylons the ones carried know are a very nice piece of kit but are way out of making with my model skills.

Doens't the 1/72nd RoG F-16AM come with the PIDS pylons? 

Cheers,

Andre 

Hi Andre

The Revell 1/72 F-16 MLU comes with the older style PIDS pylon the newer version contains a missile warning system and I believe are made by Therma.

They are a smart piece of kit.

Kind Regards

Craig

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Too bad nobody makes the F-16 MRP in 1/48 scale.

It might give me a reason to get and build my first F-16 kit. 🤔

Larry

Edited by ReccePhreak