MiG-29 from training regiment photo seeked

MarkoZG

Someone might have more detail but the link below describes the operator as The Centre for Flight Personnel operated by the 1521st. Airbase Unit located at Maryy-1 in Turkmenistan until the collapse of the Soviet Union.

Here is a link to some information on the Soviet Aggressor programme  - https://thelexicans.wordpress.com/2013/08/12/soviet-aggressor-program/  - which will give you some details that might form the basis for further internet searches.

Back in 1996 Fliegerrevue Magazine produced a decal sheet in 1/72 with markings for the MiG-23MLD and both single and twin-seat MiG-29 used by the unit.

Thank you Des, I am aware of this site, but it didn't provide me with what I am looking for. My main trouble is that this particular machine (red 25) is sometimes depicted as 9-12 and sometimes as 9-13 version, so without exact photo I can't know.

Pretty sure I once solved that enigma but since I have lost all the data of my past researches, I can only suggest you to use this picture as reference

http://scalemodels.ru/modules/forum/viewtopic_p_1158494.html#1158494

and this because while searching " 1521 Мары-1 МиГ-29 "  with and without " номер 25 " all the red numbered Mig-29 were mostly early 9.12 ones with mounted fuselage fins or whatever they are/were called

Luigi

There are three postage stamp sized black & white photographs on the instruction sheet for the decals I mentioned which I could scan for you if that might help but unfortunately the text is all in German.     Images are of the cockpit area with sharkmouth and leopard markings captioned MiG-29 , tail area of aircraft 25 captioned MiG-29 and a rear quarter view of a complete aircraft captioned MiG-29 (MiG-29S).    PM me with an e-mail address if you would like a copy.

Thank you guys. I always find it strange how difficult might be to locate the photo of particular aircraft which is so popular marking subject among kit manufacturers. One would expect it is from commonly available photo when that many producers have chosen it for their product, but in the end of the day it seems they are just "re-writing" from each other.