Mercedes Benz L4500 Maultier

Hi all, I have taken a break from making wreckers from military vehicles, (although another one is nearly finished- a Bedford QL), and wanted to do something else. I have had this Revell Maultier in the stash for some time so I thought I would just do it out of the box. It does go together reasonably well, I think this is not actually a Revell tooling but is "box engineering" as they say. I think it might be a Zvezda offering, correct me if I am wrong. Anyway, there are some small fiddly parts and the carpet monster claimed a few, but I finally got there. Sometimes I think I should cut off all the small parts from the sprue, door handles, grab handles and the like and just throw them all on the carpet, as that is where they seem to end up. What I can then find OK- the rest I will have to make!

I normally like to include a load in the back of trucks, as I think it is more interesting. In this case I had a BMW sidecar outfit in the stash, and a Zundapp solo motorcycle. So they went in. It is finished with Tamiya paints and weathered with Humbrol washes and powders. At some point in the future I might make a base for it. My modelling days will need to take a backseat in the next few weeks as the better weather arrives, as I have a 1 to 1 scale Honda CB400 four to get sorted for the summer.  Apologies, some of the photos have gone in twice, which demonstrates how I am good at doing things that I do not know how I did!

Anyway all for now and thanks for looking.

• Like 12