Sikorsky S-55 Chickasaw, Indochina, 1955

Excellent. This is what I like to see,  an ancient but still basically accurate kit with lots to offer, being built  to achieve its' potential. A lovely model and really good choice of colour scheme.  With the reissue of the Revell kit   toward the end of this year, I'm looking forward to seeing  more Whirlwinds/H-19's and H04s's.

• Like 1

Brilliant....!!!! You've done an excellent work there....I've got that same kit in my stash, waiting for the inspiration to build a spanish navy subject, but all those rivets, lack of detail and so, have kept me from starting it....

Did you sand all the rivets and did any rescribing...????

Best regards

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Artie said:

Brilliant....!!!! You've done an excellent work there....I've got that same kit in my stash, waiting for the inspiration to build a spanish navy subject, but all those rivets, lack of detail and so, have kept me from starting it....

Did you sand all the rivets and did any rescribing...????

Best regards

Thanks Artie, I sanded it all down a bit but left enough there to draw the panel lines in with a pencil and drybrush the rivets and weather. I did some detailing but with the thick transparencies, unless you open the door or windows, you can`t see too much anyway. 

Cheers Russ

3 minutes ago, russ c said:

Thanks Artie, I sanded it all down a bit but left enough there to draw the panel lines in with a pencil and drybrush the rivets and weather. I did some detailing but with the thick transparencies, unless you open the door or windows, you can`t see too much anyway. 

Cheers Russ

Believe me, Russ.....it's that kind of modelling what keeps me tied to this gratifying hobby.....Bringing old models to life, updating them, is way more comforting than opening a new, state-of-the-art one, and build the umpteenth version of the same kit you've already seen everywhere....

Chers

• Like 1

Fantastic work and a great example of what can be done with really old and challenging kits.

Always thought after the S-58 and Wessex were modeled in 1/48 and Italeri brought out their 1/72 H-19/S-55 variants which Revell also reboxed that someone might have followed up in 1/48 but sadly not as yet , even Airfix could find a Royal Navy connection and examples to LIDAR.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, pacificmustang said:

love this Russ.  Looks fantastic.  You must have quite the collection of Vietnam era builds now.  Any chance of a group shot?

Bruce

Thanks Bruce, I`m sorry but I can`t see that happening, I haven`t got the room or camera capable of to get them all in. Plus I have a cull now and again so a few of them are landfill now. Best I can do is: I`ve tagged all the posts to make them easy to find if you`re really interested. If you find a recent build of theme, just click on the tag and you`ll find the rest ie:: `Nam`, `Indochina`, `Secret War Laos`, `Air America`, `WWII Pacific` and `CBI`. I haven`t got around to doing them all and some cross over.

Thanks for your interest and commenting, cheers Russ. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, boom.boom said:

:worthy::star::clap::wub::yikes::bounce::frantic:....and so on and on ! ! !

I really don`t know how to respond to this, except to say: appreciated and really glad you liked it.

Yours `well and truly humbled, Cheers Russ

• Like 1

• 4 years later...
On 11/14/2022 at 11:06 PM, Ad-4N said:

Was the green hand painted?  Amazing job.

Thanks Ad, yeah it`s all hand painted as are all my models