Sikorsky S-55 Chickasaw, Indochina, 1955

Hello Rus,

Job well done. What you can make from "senior"models.

Regards, Orion / The Netherlands.

• Like 1

great build and interesting scheme. Is the backdrop for the photo your back garden up in Leicestershire?  if so you really need to get out with the mower this weekend

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Great to see one of my very first kits (built, using the floats option, more years ago than I care to remember) transformed into a convincing portrayal of the real thing!

The setting really dots the i:s – inspiring job!

Kind regards,

Joachim

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FIGHTS ON said:

great build and interesting scheme. Is the backdrop for the photo your back garden up in Leicestershire?  if so you really need to get out with the mower this weekend

Ha Ha ! You`re right actually, got a new mower coming Monday :smile:. Thanks for looking, Cheers Russ

2 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

:yikes: Absolutely Beautiful ... I love the Tiger strip camo 👍 Now i need to do one of these. Might i ask the colors used ? 

Cheers mate, the main colours are Humbrol 11 for the silver and 30 for the green, weathered with Humbrols: 78, 29, 56, 66 and 155 in various places. Thanks again, Russ

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, spaddad said:

Hi Russ,

didn't realise you were in Leicestershire, did you used to go to the IPMS meetings in Broughton Astley, about 200 years ago?

No `fraid not, wasn`t me. My shifts don`t really make it worth going to anything regularly, even at twice a month, I`d probably only be able to make three a year.

Thanks for asking though.

Cheers Russ