This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

russ c

Sikorsky S-55 Chickasaw, Indochina, 1955

Howdy All,

Just finished my attempt at Revell`s ancient ( older than me I believe ! ) 1/48 Chickasaw kit.

v70K0g5.jpg

Finished to represent  an S-55 of EHM 11/65, operated by the French during the Indochina conflict around 1955

0xoedPC.jpg

Built mostly from the box contents but with a few embellishments to try to disguise it`s shot-comings.

Kxhv2A4.jpg

Cut some extra windows in the cockpit roof, some seat belts, cyclic stick, wiring behind the instrument panel and foot pedals but due to the thick transparencies you cant see much ( luckily )

ZVR4Ni9.jpg

Added missing windscreen frames, added mesh to most of the cooling vents, replaced the wheels with some from the spares box, extra aerials and d/f fairing, also some brake pipes.

x0tNDKg.jpg

Decals came from Berna decals sheet BD 48-119

kVzABqb.jpg

Probably more than 1 or 2 inaccuracies but it looks like one to me, hope it does to you too.

Thanks for looking, hope you enjoy

Cheers Russ

What a great model! :goodjob:

Wellbuilt, great camouflagescheme, unusual setting - you ticked off all the boxes!:thumbsup:

Cheers :bye:

Hans J

Great reworking of real oldie! It looks like a modern kit.

The background really sets it off, love it.

Cheers

John

congrats! lovely work with that kit dinosaur :thumbsup:

rare and eyecatching scheme, I like it

Hello Rus,

Job well done. What you can make from "senior"models.

Regards, Orion / The Netherlands.

I like that a lot. Nice work on the additional details which really do add to the model. I have a 1/72 Revell example in my stash which I intend to be my next project.

A beautiful job on that Russ, stunning colour scheme with your usual impeccable finish, set off against a convincing back ground. I enjoy all of your builds, each one a visiual feast. :)

Steve.

great build and interesting scheme. Is the backdrop for the photo your back garden up in Leicestershire?  if so you really need to get out with the mower this weekend

Great to see one of my very first kits (built, using the floats option, more years ago than I care to remember) transformed into a convincing portrayal of the real thing!

The setting really dots the i:s – inspiring job!

Kind regards,

Joachim

Posted (edited)

:yikes: Absolutely Beautiful ... I love the Tiger strip camo 👍 Now i need to do one of these. Might i ask the colors used ? 

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle

3 hours ago, FIGHTS ON said:

great build and interesting scheme. Is the backdrop for the photo your back garden up in Leicestershire?  if so you really need to get out with the mower this weekend

Ha Ha ! You`re right actually, got a new mower coming Monday :smile:. Thanks for looking, Cheers Russ

2 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

:yikes: Absolutely Beautiful ... I love the Tiger strip camo 👍 Now i need to do one of these. Might i ask the colors used ? 

Cheers mate, the main colours are Humbrol 11 for the silver and 30 for the green, weathered with Humbrols: 78, 29, 56, 66 and 155 in various places. Thanks again, Russ

Very nice, great result from the old kit. The statement about its age reminded me of newly qualified C-130 pilots flying airframes older than they were.

Posted (edited)

Hi Russ,

didn't realise you were in Leicestershire, did you used to go to the IPMS meetings in Broughton Astley, about 200 years ago?

Edited by spaddad

18 minutes ago, spaddad said:

Hi Russ,

didn't realise you were in Leicestershire, did you used to go to the IPMS meetings in Broughton Astley, about 200 years ago?

No `fraid not, wasn`t me. My shifts don`t really make it worth going to anything regularly, even at twice a month, I`d probably only be able to make three a year.

Thanks for asking though.

Cheers Russ 

That’s very cool, lovely little dio.

A nice unusual subject, lovely finish and weathering.

Muzz

Very nice indeed Russ, we don't see enough Helos on BM at all let alone oldie's built to such a standard:D