Phantom (and a few friends) - Dallas NAS, October 1980

RidgeRunner

Hi again all,

I've slipped back to Phantoms for another brief journey in to my memory bank and slide files. This time I get away from the Nation Guard and sample the U.S. Navy reserve and U.S.M.C. Reserve. These were taken, again early morning, around the Dallas Naval Air Station and cover the three based F-4 units. Like my visits to the ANG site the units were preparing for the morning's operations. The Marines had just started to get active as my mate and I got to their ramp.

As always I hope you like them.

DAL5

DAL3

DAL2

DAL1

DAL6

Edited by RidgeRunner
  • Like 23
  • Thanks 1

great stuff yet again. We're having real fun here with the two of you posting away as well as Sven from the USA. Keep it coming!

Interesting to see the Marines F-4s

Andy

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, stevehnz said:

These are brilliant, I'm really enjoying your photo threads. Those VMF A-112 aircraft have a great scheme.

Steve.

I'm to hear it, Steve. I aim to please. I see it that I was lucky to get such access and now I'm only too happy to share the experience. I've kept to Phantoms, Thuds and Doos (pretty much) so far but can easily move off to Hercs, more US Army, Orions, A-4s, A-7s........ ;). How about some RF-4s?

Martin

Edited by RidgeRunner
  • Like 1

On ‎15‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 2:09 AM, stevehnz said:

Whatever you fancy putting up would be fine by me Martin, & I'm sure for most others too. I do like the sound of RF-4s though. :)

Steve.

Your wish was my command, Steve. See my Bergstrom post. I have more ......

Martin

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi ,

Adding a few of the other residents at Dallas NAS. First of all there was the181st Tactical Airlift Squadron, Texas Air National Guard with their C-130Bs:

DAL23

You can see behind an interesting P-3, of Project Magnet. The US Navy Reserve had a transport detachment (VR-53 det. Big D) with wonderful C-118Bs:

DAL25

Then there was the base flight (the NARU) with their TA-4J Skyhawks:

DAL24

DAL26

and then the US Army National Guard unit, the 136th Aviation Transport Company ( the "Hookmasters") with their CH-47As. There was at least another US Army Reserve unit with Hueys too. Those Chinooks look great to me - weathered and oily ;)

DAL20

DAL22

DAL21

I hope you like them!

Martin

Edited by RidgeRunner
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 13/04/2018 at 14:57, RidgeRunner said:

Hmmmm...... have you all had enough Phantoms?

NNNNoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!  :rofl: