Vought F4U-1D

First the disclaimers, (excuses).

Photos taken on my tablet so not sure how they will look on a larger monitor.

I've only ever had a passing interest in aircraft so any inaccuracies are due to my ignorance of the subject and just wanting to build what's in the box with only a cursory look at references.😃

Anyway here are the pics.

20180411_16222320180411_16220320180411_162258

20180411_162146

• Like 15

15 minutes ago, noelh said:

Ah my  favourite type, on which I have more than a passing interest. If you ever decide to take more than a passing interest in aircraft. You'll do just fine.

Thanks, maybe I'll rephrase that comment, prior to rediscovering model aircraft I only had a passing interest. 😁

That may be changing.

• Like 1

If it swims like a duck, quacks like a duck, and does #2 like a duck, then its a Corsair!

I like it! My only suggestion would be to matt down the decals a bit more, as the underwing wing insignia looks very shiny for some reason. Mind you that could just be me.

DennisTheBear

4 minutes ago, DennisTheBear said:

If it swims like a duck, quacks like a duck, and does #2 like a duck, then its a Corsair!

I like it! My only suggestion would be to matt down the decals a bit more, as the underwing wing insignia looks very shiny for some reason. Mind you that could just be me.

DennisTheBear

Thanks very much Dennis.

Thanks also for the suggestion, I've been looking at the decals thinking there was something not quiet right and I just couldn't see it. Now it's been spotted I'll confess. I made a mess of the underwing national insignia and totally trashed it, the shiny one you can see is out of the HB Hellcat I have with me.

29 minutes ago, Lovely Pig said:

Very nice inded, good job. Agree on the decals but other than that nothing wrong whatsoever.

Thank you. 

I'm just wondering if I've got time to give them a quick coat of matt before work Lol

Edited by Roger Newsome
Spelling