Forgotten aircraft - the Boulton Paul Balliol

I filmed the Boulton Paul Balliol at RAF Cosford for a friend who has fond memories of them when he served at Middle Wallop in the 1950s. The Balliol is a rather tidy aircraft but sadly came into service as the aviation world crashed through the sound barrier and jets became the power to be. Although this film was made for a friend, I thought I would share it with modellers who may be interested in modelling this forgotten classic. If somebody does make one, please dedicate it to Polish BoB hero Miroslaw Wojciechowski. My friend witnessed the fatal crash in which he was killed when a Chipmunk collided with the Balliol he was in.

• Thanks 1

That's very handy Mathew.  Do you have any stills from that visit as they would be very handy when I finally get around to building the old 1/48 scale Magna resin kit?

Thanks for posting.

Chris

That sound great Mathew.

It might be worth having a word with Julien, our friendly "Walkaround co-ordinator" to see if they could be used in the walkaround section.  I'm sure they would be appreciated by others as well

Thanks for your input.

Chris

2 hours ago, stringbag said:

That sound great Mathew.

It might be worth having a word with Julien, our friendly "Walkaround co-ordinator" to see if they could be used in the walkaround section.  I'm sure they would be appreciated by others as well

Thanks for your input.

Chris

Chris we do have that Sea Balliol in the WA section;

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Julien said:

Chris we do have that Sea Balliol in the WA section;

Thanks Julien.  It was simply that few pictures exist of the rear end and cockpit areas of the Balliol and as Mathews video covered those areas, and the offer to provide stills was made, i thought they would supplement the existing walk around.  Sorry.

Chris.

I have just bought a Magna Balliol so will be interested to have a look at the walkaround info. The kit is typically Magna and will need a lot of tidying up before construction starts - but it looks like a Balliol.

John

Thank you all for your input and the links to other images. I have titled the series ‘Forgotten Aircraft’ for the general audience, rather than the expert aficionados here. I have another video to share now. Should I post it here in photography or in walkarounds? It is a civilian aircraft rather than military.