Hi! From Zwolle, The Netherlands

C1Rob

Hi everyone!

I'm Robbert, or C1Rob, 27 and I'm from Zwolle, The Netherlands.

Like a lot of new users I recently re-found the hobby of scale models.

I did some car models when i was around 15 but these turned out horrible haha, mostly because of lack of patience...

Recently i picked up one of the stranded models (a 1/24 revell Chevy Malibu hotrod) which i used to practice a little bit. I found it fun and stress relieving which is good :D It will need some more work, but that will come with time.

Spoiler

29572880_1937238366286320_1607545517461629694424_1937238426286314_8888843786627029694817_1937245439618946_5024282880495629597823_1937245459618944_2690385911971729695093_1937238336286323_24149046731014

I had previously purchased one of those tiny air compressors from china (the nail airbursh things...) and used that to "paint" the malibu. It turned out ok but I decided that if i wanted to airbrush i needed something better.  As a late/early birthday present my girlfriend bought me an Airbrush compressor. Its awesome and makes me want to practice some more. Its a Fengda AS186A (has a 3 liter airtank and start stop system). Im still using the airbrush which came with the earlier china thing but im lookin at some other Airbrushes soon. (Ultimate apex seems to be at the top of my list).

Spoiler

30124564_1944596022217221_66569512014242

My main interest had always been cars, but recently ive been looking into military models and im really starting to appreciate them alot! My dad had tried to build a dutch navy westland lynx with me from a 1/72 revell kit about 18 years back but that didnt turn out to well. I still have the box but cant find the parts haha. I really like the look and feel of helicopters and i feel its going to be my main go to although I do intent to build aircraft and armor aswell (both modern and older):)

Because of this I got a little over enthusiastic and bought a 1/32 Revell Westland Lynx to do up as the dutch navy version. When i received it I decided i might have taking up more than i could manage for now(over 150 parts) so decided to ground that until I have some more experience.

Which made me look for something else. I then took up even more than i can manage by buying a 1/48 Gallery models Sikorsky HH-34 also to do up as the dutch navy used to fly them. Awesome model, great quality and has some nice PE parts included. Over 300 parts though hahaha.

In the end I bought 2 cheap and simple kits this weekend to start and build up some experience:

1/72 Revell Bell UH-1 SAR

1/72 Revell Leopard A6M

Spoiler

30264259_1945299722146851_94490430274745

The stash right now(plus the 2 above) The 97 camaro and the integra are doomed. The Mr2 has a broken a pillar but might be fixable(has some questionable mods done to it though...) and the 70s Camaro is fixable:

Spoiler

29683444_1937238572952966_2399386189055130123835_1944595942217229_16689211647658

My Workspace so far(a little bit older picture, the "nail airbrush" is on there next to the laptop):

29595266_1937238482952975_46661023869953

And the goods(an old first aid bag my colleague at an old summer job threw away, i knew it would come in handy some day haha):

29570970_1937243262952497_73488086343968

I have some questions but I will post those in the correct sections. (one of the here)

Sorry for the Long and picture heavy post! I've been enjoying lurking around here and I knew it was only fair to start of with lots of pictures in return hahaha(I put most of them in the spoiler tag to save some unaware 56k people.

I hope to learn a lot here and hopefully share some of my projects and progress.

Thank you!

Edited by C1Rob
  • Like 4

Hello Robbert ... :welcome: to Britmodeller from Chicago USA. Nice Chevy 👍 by the way. Im an aircraft builder myself i can appreciate helicopters but have a bad history when I try and build them. The rotors and the rotor linkage & supports always break on me.  That being said i still need several in my collection. An OH-6, Ranger, long ranger, huey x 2, ch-34 x 2 ( one will be converted into a Civilian S-58T), and at least 2 cobra’s. Maybe more but lets see if i get these built 😉.

Dennis

• Like 1

Haha thanks!

Well I've liked airplanes for a long time aswell so its not like im a helicopter only guy. For some reason they are pulling me into the hobby, i doubt it will stay with just them :)

I plan on building some spitfires, harriers, etc as well.

Chicago is a nice city :) I visited it 13 years ago i believe. I remember the big square with the chrome bean statue on it haha

Edited by C1Rob
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Scimitar said:

Hello and welcome Robbert.

That workplace is far too clean and tidy though :wicked:

Haha yes, this was when I first set it up. I was gonna take a current picture last night but it was full of stuff and not really recognizable.

• Like 1

Hi Robbert, welcome to the forum from a fellow Dutchman. I'm also still quite new to the forum, still on my first WIP here, but you'll find that it's fun to post your stuff and to check out all these amazing and inspiring builds on here as well. The positive feedback will encourage you to keep at it.

Like almost everybody else here I returned to the hobby after a long period. You're quite fast to have returned after only 12 years ;-)

I, too, started with a helo, having read a lot of books from (mostly) Vietnam era pilots and also because they're awesome flying machines. I can really recommend the Revell Merlin EH-101 which was my first build after all that time. It's a nice build and a beautiful machine in real life as well. I just used some basic colours and a brush for this one, I have a lot more stuff now ;-) 

Like you I'm aiming for an airbrush, very nice of your girlfriend to buy you the compressor by the way ;)... I'm interested in what you'll eventually be going for and what your experiences are!

Veel plezier met je projecten en tot ziens op het forum!

Here's the Merlin:

39299474630_a95c65a0b3.jpg

21 hours ago, JeroenS said:

Hi Robbert, welcome to the forum from a fellow Dutchman. I'm also still quite new to the forum, still on my first WIP here, but you'll find that it's fun to post your stuff and to check out all these amazing and inspiring builds on here as well. The positive feedback will encourage you to keep at it.

Like almost everybody else here I returned to the hobby after a long period. You're quite fast to have returned after only 12 years ;-)

I, too, started with a helo, having read a lot of books from (mostly) Vietnam era pilots and also because they're awesome flying machines. I can really recommend the Revell Merlin EH-101 which was my first build after all that time. It's a nice build and a beautiful machine in real life as well. I just used some basic colours and a brush for this one, I have a lot more stuff now ;-) 

Like you I'm aiming for an airbrush, very nice of your girlfriend to buy you the compressor by the way ;)... I'm interested in what you'll eventually be going for and what your experiences are!

Veel plezier met je projecten en tot ziens op het forum!

Here's the Merlin:

39299474630_a95c65a0b3.jpg

Hi Jeroen!

Thanks for the welcome!

Your Merlin is looking great! Another kit I would like to do some day haha

The compressor is the HBM AS189A compressor. Its not too expensive and works nicely :) Highly recommend it so far.

For now im thinking of getting a Harder & steenbeck Evo (silverline) or a MIG Aircobra (once its available again). The mig airbrush seems to be fairly similar to the UMP Apex airbrush but with easier access to spareparts here.

Anyways, ill keep my eyes open for your builds and start sharing my own builds soon :)

• Like 1

Hi Robbert,

May I give you a most cordial welcome to the BM experience. (You don't have to be mad round here but it does help). Great looking car model, compressor and work-space - good job there. I enjoy building planes, helicopters, sci-fi subjects and the occasional armour item but my absolute favourite from a modelling perspective has got to be helicopters. They offer so much scope from a modelling perspective - I recommend you get stuck in straight away!  My airbrush is a Harder & Steenbeck Infinity - it's a quite lovely airbrush that I would recommend without hesitation.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the welcome :)

I found a second hand H&S infinity which I was debating on buying, but on inspection of it all the internals needed to be replaced (needle was bent, tip was damage, seals were damaged, etc) and the outside looked like it had been through hell. This was the only second hand I could find (most are sold within hours of posting the ad) and was still a lot more expensive than some other brand airbrushes (as in I could get an airbrush and at least 1 or 2 good kits for the price of just the second hand brush).

In the end I decided to go with the Ammo Aircobra and hope to receive it soon. My decision was made on the few reviews I could find and the 0.3 mm needle which(like the ultimate apex) allows for relatively fine work in the first section of trigger travel and larger surface painting in the later section of trigger travel. The travel limiter seems like something that can help me with trigger control and can be removed later on if desired.

I'll post a review or something when I get it and use it for awhile.

Meanwhile I'm slowly but surely building the UH-1D and the leopard 2a6.

Edited by C1Rob
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Nigel Heath said:

Are you posting those builds on BM? Looks like a nice airbrush. The trigger stop is a great boon for mottling and other intricate camouflage work. Good luck with it. :thumbsup:

I plan on posting these in ready for inspection when done. The next models are going to be WIP threads :)

• Like 1

Hello and :welcome:, Robbert to Britmodeller from the SE corner of Wisconsin, USA. I am Joe, my interests are 1/72nd scale aircraft, any era. This is a great place to be. The people here are very knowledgeable and helpful. I look forward to your builds, comments, and questions.

Joe 

• Like 1

I plan on posting these in ready for inspection when done. The next models are going to be WIP threads :)

Please post the links here when you do get those up and  running.