Kittyhawk IV

Kit - AMT/Ertl 1:48

Paint - All acrylics

Decals - Ventura

Extras - Ultracast resin seat, Hasegawa wheels.

Kittyhawk IV 'Gloria Lyons'

18 Sqn & 2.SU RNZAF

Bougainville

3HH6hQd.jpg

kBRt947.jpg

T3QrdGe.jpg

HWKjbw7.jpg

Qo1WR7n.jpg

0UF1wkf.jpg

tvIGUM4.jpg

1KkKYwg.jpg

Hot on the heels of the Mosquito comes an (almost)  OOB build... 

8qXr1IZ.jpg

AMT's twenty-year old (give or take) P-40N built as the well known 'Gloria Lyons' just before it was returned to NZ and repainted & refurbished. At this time it was 'owned' by 2.SU and used by 18 Squadron at Bougainville.  As ever thanks for taking the time to look and please feel free to hurl abuse, ask a question or make a comment.

AFN

Ian. 

Edited by Ian
  • Like 29
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Ian said:

AMT's twenty-year old (give or take) P-40N built as the well known 'Gloria Lyons' just before it was returned to NZ and repainted & refurbished. At this time it was being used by 2MU and 18 Squadron at Bougainville. 

Hi Ian,

Always nice to see an RNZAF P40N, especially Gloria Lyons ( NZ3220 -third aircraft to wear the Motif and survive the war)

One quick comment, RNZAF didn't operate MU's (Maintenance Units), they had SU's (Servicing Units, so 2 SU), which

incidentally "Owned" the aircraft and "Loaned" them to the Operational Squadrons like 18 Squadron.

Thanks for sharing your build with us

Regards

Alan

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Beautiful build of your AMT :thumbsup: ... Coincidentally I just finished the same kit about 10 days ago. I did my as “Geronimo”. Im sure the RFI is still close to the current RFI’s if you're curious. I had considered a KIWI Kittyhawk but opted in the end to stay with USAAF.

Dennis

• Thanks 1