Does ICM 1/48 He111 H3 have hazy and distorted glazing as per these videos ?

Merlin

Hi,

I cannot see glazing before purchasing and then opening bag, then its too late to return kit, but in first two videos watched, both reviewers are faltering when reviewing glazing commenting on distortion and haze, both cant be wrong., and importantly, and I agree, one says :-

The Heinkel 111 is all about the nose glazing, quote from first video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bm-jL2hyJ98    not happy with clarity ..hazy. I will report back on this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93_UBNWF8mE   the glass isn’t the clearest,.... let down of the kit, hazy glazing, 18:32

yet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfkAuuIJnS4  says its very clear.

so did they have a bad batch or truly is it hazy or optically clear and pure without distortion, as he says Tamiya would deliver better clarity.

It is all about the glazing as they say, very much so in fact, so this is concerning.

That kit manufacturers have completely missed out yet again in another He111 kit the nose wide metal fairing is beyond belief, as well as missed out the curved inwards area where gun exits, as the correct look of the He111 up front is still lacking in a kit, zero for observation by kit manufacturers there yet again, maybe when interviewing for new staff , use a spot the difference set of drawings  !....but filler and other surgery might fix it, extending the cupola fwd with plastic card ring, to add in the missing length, then add inside the gunners rotating ring, the absence of this hand ring tells me they have looked at later He111s and been misled,  I wish someone might someday bother to look at a single WW2 photo of type ! There are many of such as well as tech drgs of this nose area in books such as Robert Michulec Aircraft Monograph 2 He111 . In all a distinctive feature is missing..not good.

Merlin

Edited by Merlin

Sorry, there is so much here. I have just finished this model, the fit of the nose glazing isn't good bit the plastic was perfectly clear. It needs a great deal of care to get the nose to fit correctly but it looks good when it does. My biggest problem was the fit of the engines and nacelles as in my opinion the instructions do not make the exact locations clear, when I make this model again I shall do a great deal more dry fitting around this area before gluing. Overall I highly recommend this model.

Thanks,

So far thats two with haze and two without. If I buy the kit and break open the bag and find mine is hazy, and I certainly want clear, as its all about the glazing !..then what ?

Its unsettling that there is a chance 50/50 of haze. If it were in a separate bag then one could see before buying.

ok guys, those with this kit whats your glazing like ?

Just a thought, and might save the day, would dipping in Johnsons Klear remove haze if its present ?

Merlin

Edited by Merlin