Revell 1/72 Avro Shackleton

A beautiful model of a beautiful aircraft. Really impressive indeed.

I am sure like me, many will remember the old Frog version. I acquired one as a teenager but I never got round to starting mine. Seem to recall selling it on about 20 years ago for quite a price! I'll probably get around to acquiring an Airfix or Revell one eventually.

Thanks for sharing and well done!

Terry

• Thanks 1

That looks absolutely beautiful.  A great paint finish and excellent photography too.  I have the kit (still in fondling mode) and hope it turns out a fraction as good as this, frankly.  Did you make your own masks or use an aftermarket set?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/9/2018 at 10:57 AM, Lord Riot said:

Lovely Shack that! 

I built this one a few months ago, it's a great kit in my opinion. I don't have the Airfix one but I'm not sure it could be any better than this!

I remember blocking a window and adding a couple of aerials, etc, but where was the extra window you added!?

Thanks Lord Riot, the window I added is on the starboard side at the rear of the fuselage underneath the horizontal stabilizer you can just see it . It's a small slot shaped window, apparently to let light into fuselage for the crew to scurry to the rear position.

On 4/9/2018 at 3:22 PM, Meatbox8 said:

That looks absolutely beautiful.  A great paint finish and excellent photography too.  I have the kit (still in fondling mode) and hope it turns out a fraction as good as this, frankly.  Did you make your own masks or use an aftermarket set?

Thanks Meatbox8, I did cheat and use the Eduard mask set, there are a lot of windows! Now stop fondling it and start building.

Thanks everyone for your kind comments, gazza l

• Like 2

Fantastic build! Im doing the airfix mr2 and im really enjoying it, its a big old thing! I also have this one in the stash & Ill be referring back to this when its time to build it!

• Thanks 1

That is a lovely build and the proves that less weathering can produce excellent results.

Which paints did you use ?

Robert

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Robert said:

That is a lovely build and the proves that less weathering can produce excellent results.

Which paints did you use ?

Robert

Thanks Robert, I kept the weathering to a minimum because this is the way I remember them at airshows back in the 80's... in fact I was always impressed by their clean glossy finish.

The paints I used were Xtracolor enamels.

Cheers, gazza l