Sharkmouth GB Chat

Basilisk

5 hours ago, Tony Oliver said:

Count me in with this.

http://www.f-16.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=25521

I have the caracal decals and a tamiya 1/72 block 50 as a base. 

All I needed was an excuse and here it is...

I was hoping someone would pick that F-16.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, zegeye said:

Great link zegeye, showing lots of possibilities :thumbsup: Are you interested to support this GB proposal? There are still some spots available on the list.;)

15 hours ago, Tony Oliver said:

Count me in with this.

http://www.f-16.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=25521

I have the caracal decals and a tamiya 1/72 block 50 as a base. 

All I needed was an excuse and here it is...

Done, and I am glad you found the excuse here ;)

8 hours ago, Jabba said:

I am sure that I can find something, so count me in.

That is the way to go Jabba :thumbsup:

Cheers, Peter

9 hours ago, Basilisk said:

Great link zegeye, showing lots of possibilities :thumbsup: Are you interested to support this GB proposal? There are still some spots available on the list.;)

I'm on the list .... position 6  8-)  Hope I can take part with this....

https://www.burmabanshees.com/random-web-images

Not exactly shark... but mouth is indeed.

Edited by zegeye
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, Mikkel said:

In! 

Thanks for supporting the idea Mikkel.

13 hours ago, zegeye said:

I'm on the list .... position 6  8-)  Hope I can take part with this....

https://www.burmabanshees.com/random-web-images

Not exactly shark... but mouth is indeed.

Oops, should have remembered. I attribute it to old age :( Your intended build has certainly a nice set of teeth :thumbsup:

5 hours ago, PaulR said:

Hi there,

I mooted this a good while back, but am glad this seems to be getting some traction this time around. Count me in!

Cheers, P

Sorry Paul, I didn't see your proposal as I didn't check this far back. Would be great if you could co-host the GB in case enough members supporting the idea and it gets voted in for 2019.

Cheers, Peter

Good morning Basilisk

Please count me in tough I don' t know yet what I am going to build .. Raf or Flying Tigers Airfix P40B/C , 23rf Fighter Squadron Mustang , Eduard Spitfire Mk VIII of the grey Nurse Squadron ..

Patrice

• Like 2

I've always wanted to do a Desert Kittyhawk or maybe Robert T Smith's Hell's Angels P.40 so this'll be a great opportunity, unfortunately it means yet another trip to EBay.

Cheers, M.

• Like 1

Oo I like the sounds of this, I have loads of stuff that have a "mouth" on it.

If I can find one for a decent price, I'll enter with the RB-79K from Gundam 08th MS Team... a deathtrap in space - see below. :)

40735659294_dcf305fa3f.jpg

Failing that I did always like the look of the Jordan Viper mouths... hhmm...

Kind Regards,

Dazz

• Like 1

On 4/13/2018 at 7:11 AM, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Ooh if a Burma Banshee is in which is an excellent option BTW. I might try to add an A-7D “Molar Mauler” to my options. Something like this profile.

I think it is compulsory to have a Sharkmouth on a A-7 as it just doesn't look right without it ;)

On 4/13/2018 at 4:33 PM, TEMPESTMK5 said:

Good morning Basilisk

Please count me in tough I don' t know yet what I am going to build .. Raf or Flying Tigers Airfix P40B/C , 23rf Fighter Squadron Mustang , Eduard Spitfire Mk VIII of the grey Nurse Squadron ..

Patrice

Thanks for participating Patrice. Your suggestions are all great choices :thumbsup:

On 4/14/2018 at 1:38 AM, MarkSH said:

I've always wanted to do a Desert Kittyhawk or maybe Robert T Smith's Hell's Angels P.40 so this'll be a great opportunity, unfortunately it means yet another trip to EBay.

Cheers, M.

Like with the A-7, a P-40 does need a Sharkmouth to look right. Plenty of time to source a bargain Mark.

12 hours ago, Dazzio said:

Oo I like the sounds of this, I have loads of stuff that have a "mouth" on it.

If I can find one for a decent price, I'll enter with the RB-79K from Gundam 08th MS Team... a deathtrap in space - see below. :)

40735659294_dcf305fa3f.jpg

Failing that I did always like the look of the Jordan Viper mouths... hhmm...

Kind Regards,

Dazz

That would be a first in a GB Dazz. Would be great to see a Gundam with Sharkmouth in the mix :thumbsup:

4 hours ago, Black Knight said:

Sign me up please

Maybe a Lightning [jet] F6 or Harrier, or something

Done. A Lightning would be nice as it is such a iconic aircraft.

Really good to see the interest in the topic and we need only seven more participants.

Cheers, Peter

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Basilisk said:

Really good to see the interest in the topic and we need only seven more participants.

Cheers, Peter

Hi Peter,

I think you'll find that you only need six more participants if you'll allow me in :) 

I'll probably be in for a P-40, most likely the Airfix 112 Squadron one...

Cheers,

Stew

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Stew Dapple said:

Hi Peter,

I think you'll find that you only need six more participants if you'll allow me in :) 

I'll probably be in for a P-40, most likely the Airfix 112 Squadron one...

Cheers,

Stew

You are spot on Stew - six to go :D P-40 in 112 Squadron markings are always a winner!

Cheers, Peter

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Basilisk said:

That would be a first in a GB Dazz. Would be great to see a Gundam with Sharkmouth in the mix :thumbsup:

Would be fun to be part of the GB.  Although it isn't my first "Gundam" themed item to enter a GB.  I am struggling to find anything else from Gundam that has a shark mouth on it.  I found a Gundam that *WAS* a shark (don't ask) but that is it.  I'm sure there is more, but my mind is drawing a blank here.  However I did think of this one... but no teeth so can not enter it.  Shame, some people are just as afraid of clowns as they are sharks.  Especially with it has 4 great big Gatlings on it's arms.

41434500992_faed66fc7f_b.jpg

Kind Regards,

Dazz

• Like 1

I bought the Special Hobby Kittyhawk kit yesterday... Lovely! But a 112 Sqn Desert Sharkmouth P-40 is soooo many times already taken that maybe I should pass this one - and I'll probably build the kit before this takes place. 

Ok, sign me up anyways :coolio:! V-P

• Like 1

On 4/16/2018 at 3:41 AM, Dazzio said:

Would be fun to be part of the GB.  Although it isn't my first "Gundam" themed item to enter a GB.  I am struggling to find anything else from Gundam that has a shark mouth on it.  I found a Gundam that *WAS* a shark (don't ask) but that is it.  I'm sure there is more, but my mind is drawing a blank here.  However I did think of this one... but no teeth so can not enter it.  Shame, some people are just as afraid of clowns as they are sharks.  Especially with it has 4 great big Gatlings on it's arms.

Kind Regards,

Dazz

yes clowns can be scary, but they have the teeth missing - and NO teeth, NO go :(

On 4/22/2018 at 2:33 AM, modelling minion said:

I'm up for this one, got a few candidates in the stash.

Can't believe nobody has mentioned anything from VF-111 or VFC-111 yet, might have to build one of their machines but would have to decide between an F-8, F-4, F-14 or F-5N, or  something else entirely!

Craig.

Thanks for your support Craig. There is certainly no shortage of possibilities :D

8 hours ago, Hockeyboy76 said:

Yes please, will have to rummage in the stash but yes please. 

Thanks for participating Hockeyboy. I am sure there has to be a model in your stash you can decorate with a set of teeth!

6 hours ago, vppelt68 said:

I bought the Special Hobby Kittyhawk kit yesterday... Lovely! But a 112 Sqn Desert Sharkmouth P-40 is soooo many times already taken that maybe I should pass this one - and I'll probably build the kit before this takes place. 

Ok, sign me up anyways :coolio:! V-P

Welcome aboard V-P. Yes there are plenty of other opportunities to build a 112 Sqdn P-40, but fortunately there are many other aircraft types which are decorated with a good set of teeth :D

Good to see continuing interest in the topic - getting close to the finishing line now :thumbsup:

Cheers, Peter

• Like 1