'lo t all from yorkshire (best countny in t UK)

SA80A2AR

i am 14 (origanaly from cheshire) and now live in harogate

i have a fave subject of modleing and that is WW2 aircraft mainly brit and yank alough i have done a few Japanese and german aircraft

cant stick any modeling comanies aside from airfix

Edited by SA80A2AR
  • Like 2

Welcome to Britmodeller.

You sound exactly like my 1970's self. I was also mad keen on Airfix, but now I've discovered some other company’s that are just as good. I would recommend Eduard (very good kits at very good prices) and Tamiya (very good kits at not so good prices).

Gorby

yep have been that way for the past 7 years (asside from a bit in the midlewhen i was fed upwith the airfix vulcan) and on top of that along period of migrains - chiefly becuse the smell of the glue gave me a headach.  ive got used to it now

8 minutes ago, SA80A2AR said:

havent heared of him sorry

Go stand in the corner!  County cricket pulled him out of a Yorkshire coal mine in the nineteen fifties and he became t'best fast bowler in t'world, lad!  (Well... he was when I was your age).

oh

im more into football than cricket (although modeling gets ranked far above them)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SA80A2AR said:

modeling gets ranked far above them

When I was a kid, the fun part came in November when the kits got loaded up with penny bangers to make room for the coming Christmas supply! (Ask your grandfather about penny bangers!) :D

Edited by Uncle Pete

:welcome: to Britmodeller, SA80, it's a great place to be. I was 12 when I found Airfix kits in a local store here in the USA. As Gorby mentioned: there are several other companies worth a look. I shall say that Airfix has returned with a vengeance; they now have some of the best kits anywhere. Scimitar is also correct; before long, you'll have a 'stash'. My name is Joe, live in the SE corner of Wisconsin, USA. I also am pleased to see a young modeler with so much enthusiasm for the hobby. I look forward to your builds, comments and questions.

Joe