Dayglo red - who sells it?

bootneck

I've reached the stage with my Welsh Models Vickers Valletta to start painting and some areas are dayglo red.  Can anyone advise me what acrylics are available for this colour, also is it available in a rattlecan?   I have seen cans of Humbrol spray for Flourescent Orange but not Dayglo/Flourescent Red.

I am building an aircraft with a livery for the Far East Transport Command.

Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Mike

I think that is photo of some models by Carmel J. Attard, one of the reviewers for ModellingMadness. https://modelingmadness.com/review/korean/gb/trainers/cjavar2.htm

I don't know if there was a daylgo red, the dayglo orange could just look very different depending on the light and type of film used.  It also faded very badly and this has even effected models that I painted using GS MrColor, they were orange and are now salmon pink. Often museum aircraft just get painted red instead of the orange, as often it was applied in the form of wide tape hence the gaps around panel joins that you see.

I have successfully reddened Humbrol  Flourescent Orange (+ Hu Red) though when I felt the shade wasn't right for the subject.

GnatT1-119.jpg

All dayglo paints will need several coats over a white base. 

• Like 1

They certainly fooled me, but just took that as perhaps a dated photo at an air show or something.  As the photo is of someone's models then I shall remove it.  Thanks for the information and your photo,  I shall have some practice with the orange and red mix.

Mike