RAF100 Commission build 4x Tornado of various flavours

Hello all.

It's been an inconceivably long time since my last post.   Many things have happened in this time, some good, some not so much.  Between it all, some very good friends have been there to whisper words of support and encouragement to me.  For this, I am eternally grateful.  

One of these kindly souls is a serving member of the Royal Air Force, and is also a modeller.  He recently found himself in the position of being asked to provide table models for a banquet to mark the RAF's centenary, and very little time in which to accomplish this feat.   Cue your's truly to aide in the fight to produce enough models to fulfil the requirement. 

Rather than bore you with endless photos of build logs, in this instance, I will share a few shots of the finished Tornados.   Yes, there are errors and glaring omissions on all the kits, but I have done my level best to provide completed (for the most part, hehehe) subjects.  Bearing in mind that I am also differently abled (I detest being referred to as disabled)I think I've done not too shabby a job.

Apologies also for the photos...  I have been playing with my settings, so some are not quite as good as perhaps they could've been.

Without further preamble - I present to you my contribution to the RAF100 celebrations.   Please, be gentle :D 

Hobby Boss 1:48 Panavia Tornado F.3 

40023979791_4b79d13f83_c.jpg

40023979481_0b072bee03_c.jpg

39992481232_7e8ee7088e_c.jpg

Revell 1:48 Panavia Tornado F.3

39308493965_07723abee2_c.jpg

39308490215_0678008b90_c.jpg

39308491425_5b12550330_c.jpg

Revell 1:48 Panavia Tornado GR.4

40611555391_ab9d5da4d4_c.jpg

38801744650_2722953277_c.jpg

40611555561_c6bca21597_c.jpg

Revell 1:48 Panavia Tornado GR.1 (from GR.4 kit)

40994455112_0e42583561_c.jpg

40143075865_107a834f45_c.jpg

40994454112_b09eef2921_c.jpg

40994452472_a4ae09fd17_c.jpg

• Like 65
  • Thanks 2

Well....I think you are very enabled, those models are wonderful and I would have no hesitation putting any of them anywhere in my home or elsewhere. I feel you have done your friend proud and if I were he I would be a very happy chappie indeed.

Don't stop now though, lets see some more as and when.

Gary

• Like 2

Well, to me, they look not much different compared to the real jets.

I don't know what does that mean that you are differently abled to do things but surely it is a very convincing result of great skills and craftmanship.

Congratulations.

Regards,Laz

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tripio said:

Well, to me, they look not much different compared to the real jets.

I don't know what does that mean that you are differently abled to do things but surely it is a very convincing result of great skills and craftmanship.

Congratulations.

Regards,Laz

Thank you so much Laz.  I am differently abled as I had a small stroke about 2 years ago, and it has left me with some physical mobility issues and memory problems.  

I really appreciate your kind words.  Thank you again.

5 minutes ago, Head in the clouds. said:

Well....I think you are very enabled, those models are wonderful and I would have no hesitation putting any of them anywhere in my home or elsewhere. I feel you have done your friend proud and if I were he I would be a very happy chappie indeed.

Don't stop now though, lets see some more as and when.

Gary

No intention of stopping old boy ;)  And thank you for your kind words.  I'm humbled

• Like 1

I'd certainly have been proud to have produced 4 models as good as that. Very neatly done and realistic weathering sets them off. Great job!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dieselweasel said:

They are brilliant mate, is this the scale you usually model in or were these one offs so to speak.

Well done mate

ATB

Jim

Thank you diesel.  I usually do 32nd scale props, so this was something of a departure from the norm for me.  I should also mention perhaps, that the Hobby Boos F.3 was started on 25th December 2017, and the last Revell (the GR.1) finished end of March, so in total, 3 months to do the 4 builds

• Like 1

Four stunners there Russ, really good modelling, especially in three months! I hope they survived/will survive the banquet, if it's a Mess do they might get some combat damage...!!

And if you don't mind, I'm going to use your 'differently abled' term for myself from now on, it does sound more positive than disabled...:)

Keith

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

Four stunners there Russ, really good modelling, especially in three months! I hope they survived/will survive the banquet, if it's a Mess do they might get some combat damage...!!

And if you don't mind, I'm going to use your 'differently abled' term for myself from now on, it does sound more positive than disabled...:)

Keith

By all means Keith - I do like to spread a little positivity around...  that and farts, they are great for sharing too ;)

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Scooby said:

Beautiful, I'm procrastinating to build my singular Revell kit and you built 3!

Nice work, although the flying versions look weird without aircrew in the cockpits. :)

Lol.  It's an easy kit to build, just take your time and make sure you get your geometry correct.  A little light sanding was all that was required on all 3 of them!

As for the missing Aircrew, you never heard of active stealth technology?? :D:D:D - That one was customers choice, as you can well imagine, a bunch of drunken RAF types will create enough carnage with these things, without the added incentive of being able to point at the funny little men ;) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

they look stunning! the weathering and finish on that first bird is first rate.

i love how each one has different wing positions and spoilers/ailerons/doors open.

top work Russ.

• Like 1

Man, what a formation! They are all amazing, that top one in the grey is particularly outstanding and you have inspired me. I am now going to purchase a Tornado or two. Thanks for posting. 

• Like 1