This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Sign in to follow this  
Duncan B

The Great Wall Hobby Sukhoi Su-35S Flanker E has arrived (Some Sprue shots now added)

After what seems like months (it probably is!) the brand new Great Wall Hobby 1/48 Su-35S Flanker E has arrived in stock at BlackMike Models. I have only had a brief glimpse in the box so far but it looks like a fantastically detailed kit. The kits I have received are from the first issue so have the optional tinted canopy parts which is a bonus I wasn't expecting.

You can head over to the BlackMike Models website and get your hands on one now with free postage within the UK. 

IMG_3604-L.jpg

IMG_3675-L.jpg

IMG_3673-L.jpg

https://www.blackmikemodels.co.uk/products/great-wall-hobby-l4820-1-48-sukhoi-su-35s-flanker-e

Duncan B

Hi Duncan, just sold an Academy Su-27 so I can overlook the price right? Although looking at the detail that’s gone into this kit, it’s possibly justified....

Order made! 

Regards

Dave 

Hi Dave

I got your order this morning, thanks. It appears that the automated confirmation e mails have been bounced back to me for some reason however I can confirm that I have your order and it is ready to be dispatched first thing on Monday morning.

I'm sure you'll be very pleased with it when you see it in the flesh and then the cost will make sense to you :). There's a whole lot of highly detailed plastic in that box.

I'm in the process of uploading sprue shots which I'll post up on the BlackMike Models Facebook page for everyone to see.

Duncan B

Here are some photos from inside the box, I haven't included every sprue. My apologies for some of the photos having been taking through the bags (I hadn't fallen victim to the voices in my head telling me to buy one at this point!)

IMG_3672-L.jpg

IMG_3661-L.jpg

IMG_3662-L.jpg

IMG_3622-L.jpg

IMG_3625-L.jpg

IMG_3627-L.jpg

IMG_3617-L.jpg

IMG_3619-L.jpg

IMG_3629-L.jpg

IMG_3653-L.jpg

IMG_3647-L.jpg

The first batch of 2999 kits produced come with a bonus tinted canopy as well as the clear canopy

IMG_3631-L.jpg

I'm certainly not a Flanker expert by any stretch of the imagination but you don't have to be one to see the sheer quality of this kit. I suspect this kit will appeal to many more modellers than just the Russian aviation experts. 

Duncan B

The level of detail is crazy, I suspect I’ll be clearing the bench next weekend and diving straight into this one! I really hope they do other variants including the standard Su-27 & 30 with canards. 🙏🏼

Thanks for posting some pictures Duncan.

Dave

1 hour ago, David W said:

The level of detail is crazy, I suspect I’ll be clearing the bench next weekend and diving straight into this one! I really hope they do other variants including the standard Su-27 & 30 with canards. 🙏🏼

Thanks for posting some pictures Duncan.

Dave

It's mind blowing, I have been drooling all over the kit for days (it's ok not your one). The only other Brand of kit that I can think of seeing the same level of detail is on Wingnut Wings kits so high praise indeed for this one.

I hope you'll do a WIP on here so we can see how you get on with it.

Duncan B

I have weakened after days of considering and ordered said kit!, the photo's look too tempting...Can't wait to see the package. 

Shaun.

9 hours ago, Shaun said:

I have weakened after days of considering and ordered said kit!, the photo's look too tempting...Can't wait to see the package. 

Shaun.

Thanks for your order Shaun, I don't think you'll be disappointed. It was posted out to you at lunchtime.

Duncan B

Cheers Duncan.

Wonder if it will que jump onto the bench?  

7 hours ago, Shaun said:

Cheers Duncan.

Wonder if it will que jump onto the bench?  

My money says "yes" once you open the box you'll not want to close it again.

Duncan B

Looking forward to seeing the delivery man then. Got the GWH Mig-29 kit and that is Wow, so this sounds even better?

Shaun.

4 hours ago, Shaun said:

Looking forward to seeing the delivery man then. Got the GWH Mig-29 kit and that is Wow, so this sounds even better?

Shaun.

I hope it arrives soon Shaun. I have just ordered some of the Slovak Digital Tiger Mig-29AS kits because I am so impressed with the Su-35 so I'm glad to hear they are decent kits too.

Duncan B

Posted (edited)

I missed the Postman yesterday morning so made a trip to the sorting office in the afternoon hoping it would be there……it wasn’t, I was gutted 😩 

I’d normally be happy to wait 24 hours to pick up a kit but I was too excited to get this  one!

It was my first job of the day today and I now happily have it in my possession. 

The thing is huge and the detail amazing, I looked at the wing pods and thought is this thing 32nd scale? Huge 😳 🙂

Dave 

Edited by David W

15 hours ago, David W said:

I missed the Postman yesterday morning so made a trip to the sorting office in the afternoon hoping it would be there……it wasn’t, I was gutted 😩 

I’d normally be happy to wait 24 hours to pick up a kit but I was too excited to get this  one!

It was my first job of the day today and I now happily have it in my possession. 

The thing is huge and the detail amazing, I looked at the wing pods and thought is this thing 32nd scale? Huge 😳 🙂

Dave 

Straight onto the work bench?

Duncan B

There’s already a GWH Mig 29 on there at the moment so just about managing to resist! Plus if I start it I’ll need to buy another one as a reserve 🤭🤐

Dave 

On ‎03‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 4:59 PM, Duncan B said:

After what seems like months (it probably is!) the brand new Great Wall Hobby 1/48 Su-35S Flanker E has arrived in stock at BlackMike Models. I have only had a brief glimpse in the box so far but it looks like a fantastically detailed kit. The kits I have received are from the first issue so have the optional tinted canopy parts which is a bonus I wasn't expecting.

You can head over to the BlackMike Models website and get your hands on one now with free postage within the UK. 

IMG_3604-L.jpg

IMG_3675-L.jpg

IMG_3673-L.jpg

https://www.blackmikemodels.co.uk/products/great-wall-hobby-l4820-1-48-sukhoi-su-35s-flanker-e

Duncan B

My resistance broke! Just ordered one Mike along with an SU-34.

1 hour ago, Nocoolname said:

My resistance broke! Just ordered one Mike along with an SU-34.

Thanks, got your order. It'll be posted out on Monday morning. I did comment to Mrs B that you have ordered a lot of plastic there. One box has probably the most detail you will see this year while the other has so much plastic it'll keep you building until Christmas! I hope you have big shelves for displaying them.

14 hours ago, David W said:

There’s already a GWH Mig 29 on there at the moment so just about managing to resist! Plus if I start it I’ll need to buy another one as a reserve 🤭🤐

Dave 

How is the GWH Mig-29? I have just ordered the digital camo Slovak AF 2016 kit on the back of what I saw in the Su-35 box. I hope I haven't made a mistake?

Duncan B

2 minutes ago, Duncan B said:

Thanks, got your order. It'll be posted out on Monday morning. I did comment to Mrs B that you have ordered a lot of plastic there. One box has probably the most detail you will see this year while the other has so much plastic it'll keep you building until Christmas! I hope you have big shelves for displaying them.

Thanks Duncan! Can't wait to get them! As for the size, I'll worry about that later. The same thought I had when I bought the 1/48 U-Boat :P

42 minutes ago, Nocoolname said:

Thanks Duncan! Can't wait to get them! As for the size, I'll worry about that later. The same thought I had when I bought the 1/48 U-Boat :P

Not THE 1/48 U Boat? At least it doesn't have wings sticking out. Do you only buy kits that need 2 people to carry them to the Post Office? :rofl2:

Duncan B

16 minutes ago, Duncan B said:

Not THE 1/48 U Boat? At least it doesn't have wings sticking out. Do you only buy kits that need 2 people to carry them to the Post Office? :rofl2:

Duncan B

It’s not my fault honest. The kits made me buy them. :lol:

13 hours ago, Duncan B said:

How is the GWH Mig-29? I have just ordered the digital camo Slovak AF 2016 kit on the back of what I saw in the Su-35 box. I hope I haven't made a mistake?

Duncan B

The Mig 29 is stunning too Duncan, a little more complex with it having fully detailed engines but no less impressive. I have 3 so no need for any more…………what markings did you say? 🤭😆

Dave

6 hours ago, Shaun said:

Kit arrived today, Wow. Very nice and looks quite a simple build, maybe?  lol

Thanks for letting me know it arrived safely. I hope you have great fun building it and remember to let us all see how you get on with it.

Duncan B