What weights do people use for tail sitters?

pizzapaolo

another for shotgun pellets, I got the opportunity to help myself to about 100Kgs for free, decided on several Kgs, would be more than enough, will outlast me, I use CA mostly but have used white glue quite a lot if I think the plastic is going to melt

Depends on the model, when I built Trumpeter´s Me 262 in 32nd I used one 100 grams weight cut in half with a razor saw and glued to the forward bulkhead with epoxy glue, but when I build Hobbycraft´s Skyhawk, I used smaller, lighter, and cylindrically shaped weights and also cut with a razorsaw.

Simple fishing weights, that I sometime flatten if this helps fitting them into small spaces. I prefer using silicone sealant to fix them in place as this guarantees adhesion also in case of hits to the model.

In any case keeping a B-24 model on the nose wheels is never easy, same for other aircrafts with extensive front glazings like the B-25 and 26. I had the landing gear collapse on a B-26 where I had to stuff the nacelles with lead.

.45 or .38 cal. bullets, fishing sinkers even sheet lead. Whatever is to hand. I use Blu Tac to fix them in place and have never had any leaching problems with it. I don't regard using lead as hazardous as I'm not actually eating the stuff so don't fall for the nanny state health and safety stuff. Just remember that standing behind every OH&S dweeb is a nagging woman.    

I use lead shot , got about a Kg from a mate who reloads, were possible I just pour the shot in to fill the hole and hold in place with white glue, for some models without much room I have made little moulds and melted the lead to get max weight for the space, takes a bit of time but yields results with more weight.  

Lead Customs seals, although you can't get them now. Offcuts of roof flashing, fine lead shot, and a mound of flattened lead airgun pellets from a rifle range. Fishing and wheel weights, steel balls, bolts, or whatever is to hand. I tried Georgio's silicone method. A definite convert.