Takom King Tiger Initial Production

Soeren

Here's something different.  This is that Dragon KT with zimmerit from a while back.  I much prefer the Henschel turret.

The Dragon zimmerit is nice but it's too even, should have some chips and rough spots.  Then there is the ATAK zimmerit on the 1/16 KT which is just about right

h5MSo80.jpgk1DkbqK.jpg65gMgxA.jpgpq7u9SD.jpg4Hf9CkL.jpg

8HOTGFG.jpg

a9RGSuT.jpg

Edited by BlackMax12
  • Like 4

Hi Lloyd. Hope you are well.

Well it looks like you have completed another stunning looking build there! And that's in just about a week and a half! Incredible. Very impressive finish, paintwork and weathering! Very well done. :worthy:

Kind regards,

Stix

Another brilliant model Lloyd your last two pictures are they from last year we still have 18" + of snow on the ground, and tomorrow they are calling for snow :(

Regards

Richard

Hi Lloyd, gosh turn my back on BM for 5min and you've started and finished another, and what a belter! (I'd still be trying to decide what to make next!)

Brilliant King Tiger, quite unusual in the plain yellow but superbly finished.

Good luck with the next one.

Darryl

Thanks Richard

Yes those 2 pics of the 1/16 KT are from last Sept-Oct as there is still white stuff here too.  Hopefully mostly gone this week

though as it's supposed to be above zero all week, it's been a loong winter.

Thanks Darryl

Yes it's rather plain in yellow but it turned out ok and those early style tracks are superb.  A bit finicky to assemble but they

look good. I'm not 100% sold on the Porsche style turret but it is different.  I'd like to eventually build one with zimmerit as

apparently all of the Porsche turret units that saw combat had zimmerit.  

I was reading the other day that all 3 of the prototypes like this one were built of just mild steel not armor plate.  So it looked 

like a Tiger II but wasn't really bulletproof. good for training but not real useful in the field. I guess that's why all 3 prototypes

survived. they never left the training grounds to get shot up.

Take care guys,

Lloyd