1/144 Ethiopian Cargo-Boeing 757-260 PCF

This is the last of my built AA models (hopefully more to come...time permitting?!?).

For a change I thought I'd do a cargo version of the once ubiquitous 757. It represents an ex passenger model converted to freighter config for Ethiopian Cargo - hence the window outlines, but lack of passenger doors. 

The Ethiopian Airlines decals are by F-Dcal, with added Flying Colours corogard and leading edge decals. I also used the excellent Authentic Airliner decals flight deck windows.

I made a bit of a hash of applying the corogard, as the leading edge decals appeared oversize,which in turn threw everything out. That'll teach me for being lazy and not painting the leading edges!

That was the only faux pas in an otherwise pleasurable little build. 

8_DD0_CF24-7932-496_D-_AEAE-7083078_D70593621_E36-2_D77-422_E-_BA92-3_D924_BD28583_C3_CC2_F-_FA04-4_FB0-_A3_CE-07_AE0012B59_F13_EB-517_D-4_AB0-9_B16-4_B4_B2_C6_

On with the pics

• Like 23

Hi Nick,

Nice to see another Authentic Airliners 757 it's a beautiful kit of a beautiful plane and your model shows that off very well, I wouldn't have noticed the faux pas had you not mentioned it!

Those leading edge decals are probably designed for the Minicraft kit that'll be why they're oversized. A tip for the future is to make a photocopy of any decals you're going to use and test fit them. I do this all the time now after being caught out with decals designed for a different kit.

Don't blame you for using decals though, I've just masked and painted A300 corogard and that's a right PITA! 

Pity Ethiopian dropped the cheatline, I loved the older livery also worn by the 757.

What's next Nick?

Cheers,

Ian

• Like 1

Splendid model, thanks for sharing. :clap2: Like Ian I wouldn’t have noticed the issue with the leading edges if you hadn’t pointed it out.

It’s one of life’s mysteries why we don’t have a decent injection kit of the 757. As I’ve said before I’m not a great fan of resin kits (for me AA kits are to be admired rather than enjoyed) and my own attempt at the AA 757 collapsed at the painting stage due to poorly cured resin around the cockpit. The AA idol does have clay feet after all!  It was such a discouraging experience that in a fit of anger I binned the model, something I now regret, and I’ve bought the PAS kit for a second attempt.

Looking forward to your next model.

Dave G

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Britman said:

That's a beauty,thanks for sharing it . Where do the "3D" windscreens come from?

Hi Britman,

Thanks for the comment. The 3D windows are available on the Authentic Airliners website. They have a extensive range available for most airliners in 1/144, 1/100, & 1/72 scales. 

Well worth a visit!

Nick.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Turbofan said:

Hi Nick,

Nice to see another Authentic Airliners 757 it's a beautiful kit of a beautiful plane and your model shows that off very well, I wouldn't have noticed the faux pas had you not mentioned it!

Those leading edge decals are probably designed for the Minicraft kit that'll be why they're oversized. A tip for the future is to make a photocopy of any decals you're going to use and test fit them. I do this all the time now after being caught out with decals designed for a different kit.

Don't blame you for using decals though, I've just masked and painted A300 corogard and that's a right PITA! 

Pity Ethiopian dropped the cheatline, I loved the older livery also worn by the 757.

What's next Nick?

Cheers,

Ian

Thanks for the tip Ian.

I have an AA DC10-30 that I want to do in the Air Florida scheme, but keep putting it off due to all the curves in that particular livery, so I reckon your tip will come on very handy once I finally get the bottle to have a crack at it.

Next up will be a FLY DC-9. Can’t quite decide whether to do in a Hughes Airwest scheme, or New York Air. 

What do ya reckon?

Rgds,

Nick.

1 hour ago, Skodadriver said:

Splendid model, thanks for sharing. :clap2: Like Ian I wouldn’t have noticed the issue with the leading edges if you hadn’t pointed it out.

It’s one of life’s mysteries why we don’t have a decent injection kit of the 757. As I’ve said before I’m not a great fan of resin kits (for me AA kits are to be admired rather than enjoyed) and my own attempt at the AA 757 collapsed at the painting stage due to poorly cured resin around the cockpit. The AA idol does have clay feet after all!  It was such a discouraging experience that in a fit of anger I binned the model, something I now regret, and I’ve bought the PAS kit for a second attempt.

Looking forward to your next model.

Dave G

What a nightmare Dave, the AA’s don’t come cheap either. I know exactly how you feel as my AZ A300 came perilously close to the wheelie bin !! 

Better luck with your PAS model. Looking fwd to seeing the finished product.

Rgds,

Nick.