New kits arrive on the bench...

8 hours ago, Andy Robbins said:

I’ve got no red/ white striped paint, sadly, but I’ve had good results using red/white chequer paint in short vertical strokes. I can swap a tin of it for some 5-colour lozenge paint. My local shop only has the 4 colour and I need some for my SSW. I’ve got an old tin of Compucolour lozenge, but the colours are way off.

I'll have a pint of what he's been drinking!

Great little distraction from chocolate easter eggs and cute fluffy chicks Tony.

Your Hustler artwork did not have me fooled though as it is too ' normal ' and restrained for the American issued Airfix kits.

These are what it should have been like  ....................

resized_7bbe3c49-1a9f-400d-966d-1e1b7612

Wave him off he's got the wrong undercarriage     ..................

resized_9071ddba-68fb-4a5a-ba34-010235c5

It's getting quite hot back here skipper but we've put paid to that U-boat.  Good job our engine is the wrong way round, if you put it into a dive skip we might be able to blow the flames out .............

resized_b555b3aa-b760-4702-b689-f0f4ae26

I've put paid to that Fokker skip .............

resized_64221287-7776-4ace-ac2c-3dc2fe73

Just keep firing those guns everyone  ....................... what are we shooting at captain ? .......our own kites by the look of things ..............

It's not still April 1st is it ?

cheers,  adey

Edited by adey m
  • Thanks 1

Wish I still had my RAF Argosy; the box art depicting a couple of palletised Land Rovers being dragged out of the back of a crud’n’custard example by parachute low over the desert was an absolute classic that Roy Cross should be truly proud of.

I remember that one! Dad built it for me. I must have been 6 or 7. Sadly the moulds were wrecked when Airfix tried one of their daft ‘make it easy so kids buy kits again’ ideas in the 80’s. Remember Snap, Glue’n’ Velcro?

Edited by Andy Robbins

11 hours ago, rob Lyttle said:

Colgate toothpaste thinned 50/50 with Vallejo acrylic medium will airbrush nicely.

But use an old cheap one because of the clogging, and clean twice a day 

Signal toothpaste works better, and you can thin it with Gunze thinner. 

All joking aside, wouldn’t the Argosy have been fantastic? Tony’s got that box to an absolute ‘t’. It just screams ‘buy me!’ How many kids in Woolies would there be begging their parents for one in lieu of a month’s pocket money?