SCAN0803

SCAN0804

SCAN0805

SCAN0806

SCAN0807

SCAN0808

SCAN0809

SCAN0810

F86 with rear fuselage mods and under wing apparatus.

SCAN0810

SCAN0811

SCAN0812

SCAN0813

SCAN0814

Get your Invaders out of the stash!

Sorry left two out.

SCAN0797

SCAN0796

Th thth that's all folks!

Edited by Britman
Missing pics.
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 3

54 minutes ago, Paul J said:

All those Invaders and the the Sabres Woo. Would love to have seen those...

Only the one Sabre Paul . We were told it was the bosses toy, but looking at the photos all these yeas later I noticed the apparatus under the port wing and the fairing underneath between the airbrakes!

Keith.

4 hours ago, Britman said:

Red Deer 2001.

i guess most of those are gone now? i know the DC-3s are Buffalo's. That CAF C-47 (CC-129)used to fly out of Winnipeg before it was retired, seen it a few times.

• Like 1

Just had a nother look over those pics and realised the Catalina 703 is the one I modelled in 1/144th for the Flying boats and seaplanes GB. Nice to see some different pics of it.

• Like 1

i saw one of the retired NL PBYs in Gander Newfoundland last summer at their museum. Was quite rough from sitting  outside for years. There's another one up north from their, forget the town, didn't get to see it,  recently repainted into grey wartime colours, it to is sitting outside. Don't realize how big they are till you're under it.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/10/2018 at 2:32 AM, Britman said:

Only the one Sabre Paul . We were told it was the bosses toy, but looking at the photos all these yeas later I noticed the apparatus under the port wing and the fairing underneath between the airbrakes!

Keith.

This F-86 was a former WGAF Canadair Mk6 that was contracted to CONDOR & equiped as a Target Tug... hence the cable reel housing under the tail & the wing framework to hold the target. AIRSPRAY bought this and got a contract to provide same service to the Canadian Forces at Cold Lake just to the North of Red Deer. Since then this 86 has been sold to the US, repainted & is on the air show circuit.

What isn't obvious here is the WGAF modified many of their 86s with Martin Baker Mk5 ejection seats. Far superior than the original NAA design especially considering the Germans used this as a low level fighter-bomber in mountainous terrain. However the MB seat was much taller requiring canopy mods so it lifted up to clear the seat as it slid back.

There was a limited run decal sheet re AIRSPRAY available years ago.

On 4/10/2018 at 11:00 PM, busnproplinerfan said:

i saw one of the retired NL PBYs in Gander Newfoundland last summer at their museum. Was quite rough from sitting  outside for years. There's another one up north from their, forget the town, didn't get to see it,  recently repainted into grey wartime colours, it to is sitting outside. Don't realize how big they are till you're under it.

The second one is in Botwood Newfoundland.