57 minutes ago, bbudde said:

You also could build two Stukas then. One G-2 and one D version which is the G version in outward apperance without the cannons. 

You'll need dive brakes for a Ju-87D. 

Cheers,

Andre

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

While I wait for the replacement canon's to arrive (complete with a whole new kit 🙄),  I got down to applying the decals to the aircraft. These seemed great, nice and thin and settled into place easy enough. However, even with a good coat of gloss varnish there is a little silvering, that said it's really brought the Stuka to life. 

https://www.flickr.com/gp/149247612@N04/28m6Hz

https://www.flickr.com/gp/149247612@N04/UnMkJ9

• Like 2

So with my replacement canon's having arrived, I set about building them (before I lost them all over again!😂). Last night I masked them up and airbrushed the blue parts, and tonight I will spray the other sections green.

DSC_3038

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Shelliecool said:

Been to my first model show at Milton Keynes today.......

DSC_3039

murm........may have been a bad idea!!😂

Hi Michelle,

I am sorry to say that you are now doomed!!! Nobody can ever save you, ever again... You ate of the forbidden fruit. Damn! So now you have really joined the Club. 

Congrats!!!

Anyway, you will have a lot of fun with these goodies.

I know it must have been dirt cheap, but why buy the old tool Swordfish? That is the only kit I am a bit critical of. But you don't have to believe me.

Well done.

JR

1 hour ago, jean said:

Hi Michelle,

I am sorry to say that you are now doomed!!! Nobody can ever save you, ever again... You ate of the forbidden fruit. Damn! So now you have really joined the Club. 

Congrats!!!

Anyway, you will have a lot of fun with these goodies.

I know it must have been dirt cheap, but why buy the old tool Swordfish? That is the only kit I am a bit critical of. But you don't have to believe me.

Well done.

JR

I'm not sure why I picked that one up really, I guess I was intoxicated!!! 😀 

Thanks Michelle 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Shelliecool said:

Thanks Michelle 

Don't we all know the feeling?

Take care

JR

• Haha 1

I think you’ve done a cracking job with this build so far. I’m just building the Airfix version so watching yours with interest.

I’ve also got a few kits in my stash (not many by most standards only about 20) and it takes me ages to choose which to do next. I usually have two on the go at any one time, then there’s always something you can be doing. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Shelliecool said:

Thanks Michelle 

Yes! the hidden aroma of styrene is quite stimulating.

So! Now you have fully become one of us. Yes, you are now well into the ranks of: Kit Collectors.

Chris

• Like 1

Been busy working on weathering the Stuka, I have some great pics from Cosford which have helped with this. I don't want the finished aircraft to took too weathered, so have opted for a pin wash of dark grey in the panel lines and rivets. A long with this I have added smoke trails from the exhausts. 

DSC_3050

DSC_3051

Edited by Shelliecool
  • Like 3

Hi Michelle,

this looks pretty cool. Well done.

Obviously you still have the actuating rods to fit between the wings control surfaces and the underside of the wings. Are you keeping them for last?

The spiral on the spinner came out tip top! Congrats...

JR

PS: Now that you have purchased a small air force of biplanes, are you going to build one?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jean said:

Hi Michelle,

this looks pretty cool. Well done.

Obviously you still have the actuating rods to fit between the wings control surfaces and the underside of the wings. Are you keeping them for last?

The spiral on the spinner came out tip top! Congrats...

JR

PS: Now that you have purchased a small air force of biplanes, are you going to build one?

Hi Jean,

You are spot on, I was leaving actuating rods till last (they are now in place and painted)😀. I had planned to make a biplane next (I love the colours and exquisite workmanship on the real things), but........they are a lot smaller, and take up less storage, so I may make something with a bigger box (freeing up some space in my stash......

So I can fill it again😉).

Thanks,

Michelle. 

19 hours ago, Shelliecool said:

Hi Jean,

You are spot on, I was leaving actuating rods till last (they are now in place and painted)😀. I had planned to make a biplane next (I love the colours and exquisite workmanship on the real things), but........they are a lot smaller, and take up less storage, so I may make something with a bigger box (freeing up some space in my stash......

So I can fill it again😉).

Thanks,

Michelle. 

Hi Michelle,

if you haven't yet noticed that you have been drawn into an incredibly vicious circle, let me enlighten you.

The bigger the box, the bigger the model that comes out of it, and hence the more space that very model will take up on your shelves, and although your stash will give you the cunningly fake illusion that it is decreasing, in reality it will not, as you will keep buying more big boxes to fill up the temporary big vacuum, vacuum that is purely a nasty figment of your imagination, as you cannot anymore realize that you have lost touch with reality and as a result keep buying more boxes, build more bigger and bigger kits and soon have to take another 25 years mortgage to purchase bigger premises!!!!!!!!!!! Pheeeew!

I am so sorry Michelle, but someone had to break the truth to you as gently as possible... There may still be time to save some of your sanity, but so much damage has been done already... Lose hope, O ye who enters a model shop...

Just keep having fun!!!

JR

Edited by jean
  • Haha 1