Hawker Hurricane Mk.IIC

Ready for inspection is my 1:72 Hawker Hurricane Mk.IIC. The aircraft is wearing the colours of No.28 (Army Cooperation) Squadron, of RAF south East Asia Command 1944. It is an out of the box build, with the exception of the white stripes which I have airbrushed rather than used decals. The kit went together really well, only a few problems with my airbrush slowed it down a little. That said, I have thoroughly enjoyed the build, and have decided I now need another Hurricane in my stash. Thanks.

DSC_2977DSC_2976DSC_2979DSC_2980

DSC_2981DSC_2984DSC_2986

• Like 30

Hi Michelle,

nice result for a Revell Hurricane! I did find the wing arrangement a bit fiddly, but you appear to have sailed right through it!!! Great show!

The SEAC camo, I always found a bit sinister and drab, but it does actually suit this plane! You got that beautifully!

Did you put some gloss varnish before and after applying the decals? Just asking this silly question because of the occasional silvering at the decals' periphery.

Beautiful!!!

JR

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, jean said:

Hi Michelle,

nice result for a Revell Hurricane! I did find the wing arrangement a bit fiddly, but you appear to have sailed right through it!!! Great show!

The SEAC camo, I always found a bit sinister and drab, but it does actually suit this plane! You got that beautifully!

Did you put some gloss varnish before and after applying the decals? Just asking this silly question because of the occasional silvering at the decals' periphery.

Beautiful!!!

JR

Thank you, I couldn't decide which colour scheme to go with, and I think the small discreet roundels make it look almost undercover........ If that makes sense? I did apply gloss varnish before and after the decals, I'm guessing it's one of those things.

Thanks again,

Michelle. 

• Like 1