Tiger Model 1/35 Russian BMPT-72 Terminator II

This is a build that I finished few month ago.

The kit itself is great, my first Tiger Model kit and I well impressed with it. Only issues the instructions: they looks like the Tamiya ones but there are quiet a lot of errors. You have always to looks ahead of where you are in the build to avoid unpleasant surprises...

OOB build but the tracks, they are from Friulmodel.

The model is primed with AK Interactive Primer and Microfiller Grey and painted with Tamiya paints. A light filter has been achieved with Abteilung 502 Oil and sealed everything with Vallejo Matt Varnish...

First time I try to attempt a splinter camo scheme. I got for it the DN Models Masking Set...I found it not that great for masking as it a bit thick and not easy to make it conform to the model but great as template. I then use them on different sizes of Tamiya Masking Tape and Masking Sheet to achieve the splinter camo scheme. I work of patience but with a great result...

The Barriers and Cones are from Meng, rubbish items and grass are custom made, for the tarmac I've use the AK Interactive Diorama Asphalt Texture (love this range!).

The figures are from Evolution Miniature

mByuxnn.jpg

8Im8e8x.jpg

7lDXfbu.jpg

BjntMmS.jpg

• Like 27

Pity they haven't sold this to anyone yet. 

The idea of the BMPT-72 was primarily as a conversion for existing T-72 operators, the T-72 chassis being out of production but very widely exported.  But no-one has been persuaded to buy.  The full BMPT of course uses the T-90 chassis, but still only has 3 customers.  And no imitators - not even the Israelis, who seem to love low intensity and urban combat vehicles.  Nice idea without any real purpose, or an idea ahead of its time?

• Like 1

Reading the title I thought this was going to be a Tiger1, modern armour and sci-fi 'mash up'.

Silly me.

Superb vignetter, nice and tidy build and paintwork, well presented.

Rearguards,

Badder

• Thanks 1