1/8 Citroen V8 traction

Hi all some of you may remember this

wqovph.jpg

103hmxs.jpg

Well I did it originally purple and gold but the sun turned the gold to chrome and I hated that sooo, I thought I would try and give it a second chance.

It's going (if my skills are up to it) get this in it 

20svgr6.jpg

ael92s.jpg

It means a LOT of work (gearbox tunnel to say the least)

Encase anyone has not seen this beast before on top is a 1/32 humber snipe I'm working on.

15yx6l5.jpg

Edited by kpnuts
  • Like 2

Not sure that would work as the gearbox is on the front of the Citroen I would have to turn the V8 around in order to attach it to the Citroen engine would that mean it would have 5 reverse gears and 1 forward.

Hi miniman I've spoken to a mechanic mate of mine and he said it is possible although he didn't think the gearbox would last more than a mile attached to a V8 so I'm going for your approach fingers crossed, thanks for the suggestion.

What a wonderful idea!

I imagine that as long as the gearbox lasted, you would have a hand-full on your hands. Bends anyone?

I had a similar idea for a V-8 engined Audi 80 in 1/24th ... hasn't come to anything yet :(

All the best, Alan.

Crikey!

Well the Oldsmobile Toronado was a FWD V8.

The front was a bit longer and wider than the Citroen though.

I saw one of these Citroens on the A1 last week.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=oldsmobile+toronado&rlz=1C1GGRV_enGB757GB758&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwilodeOpZzaAhWLJ1AKHeiJASYQsAQIMw

Amazing bit of heart surgery!

Looking forward to see further progress.

Keep up the good work.

I think that you would need shares in Exxon or Shell or BP or ....

Cheers, Alan.

Hi all been messing about with wheels just can't decide does this look ridiculous 
103gysh.jpg
205qs0j.jpg
I really like the small wheels at the front but the rear (although bigger) I think don't look right in the wheel arches (of course I could remove the wheel arches)
Or if I mix wheel rims what about this 
n2d55h.jpg
Or keeping the same rims (Still smaller at the front)
e8uxzt.jpg
There is surprisingly very little difference on ground clearance at the front considering how much bigger these wheels are
2j0m9on.jpg

• Like 1

The last pic looks the most "balanced" Your rear wheel arches definitely need widening to suit the wheels imho. It'll totally improve the sexy lines of the car. The stance, as it is, looks perfect.

Keep up the good work, matey!!

Edited by harveyb258
Forgot summat!

3 hours ago, harveyb258 said:

The last pic looks the most "balanced" Your rear wheel arches definitely need widening to suit the wheels imho. It'll totally improve the sexy lines of the car. The stance, as it is, looks perfect.

Keep up the good work, matey!!

He stole my words.B):penguin:

Thanks mates I've had a suggestion I swap them round as it's front wheel drive I put the larger wheels on the front so I may see how that looks it may give it a sit up and go look.

• Like 1

Hi all well my soldering is world famous for being abysmally poor so here is my best effort at the headlight bar.

25gxdlg.jpg

I've installed the engine and radiator also done the wheels with the large at the front and small at the rear. Loads of connections still to me made to the engine and got to figure out the exhaust system.

168y2di.jpg

1zyymv8.jpg

nlaemx.jpg

sdcmea.jpg

2pz0bgp.jpg

dq2k3m.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all I'm pretty crap at this sort of thing I want to change the shape of the cars roof first I thought of removing the roof completely and cutting the door pillars to level with the top of the doors.

xkso6q.jpg

of6ohj.jpg

As you can see I can't do that as the top hinge for the doors is incorporated in the door pillars, then I thought of cutting the rear pillar off level with the base of the rear window but I can't do that as there will be an ugly step at the back, what should I do.

105xp49.jpg

Well I thought I would weld the doors shut and de-seam it 
1pbgqt.jpg
ycqdu.jpg
289gdw5.jpg
okpq3a.jpg
As you can see from the last pic it was a huge mistake it will need a load of sanding and resanding to get anything like a smooth finish (and that's before any custom paintwork)
Anyway I couldn't resist trying it on the chassis, I must say I'm quite excited I think it looks great, at least it's a good framework for a great hot rod.
2qu3ryr.jpg
wlunuo.jpg
2h749wl.jpg

• Like 4

It looks more sophisticated than an actual 1/1 MGBGT V8 I used to own. And the strength (or lack of) of the original gearbox clearly wasn't a consideration to Abingdon's engineers...

I saw a custom DS Safari with an SM engine once. That was excellent. I love a good custom car, me.