You do know it's not a Harrier, don't you?

At club night, the first remark I heard about this model was ... "You do know it's not a Harrier, don't you?" ... which explains why my usual instructions and build notes didn't match the parts I was working on.

And then I heard "It's a bit big for you, isn't it? ... which also explains why none of the items in my spares box were any use at all and the paint was disappearing faster than usual.

Sadly the next remark was not "Do you want a beer?" but "Have you had enough of Harriers then?" And the answer to that is, "No, of course not!"

Now it's true to say that this model was a freebie and perhaps not my first choice, but that's due to the scale and not the subject. After all, it is in the Hawker family. I would build more, but there's too many Harriers to get through.

As it's a dull and dreary day before Easter, I thought I'd add some colour to a grey day ...

look away now as the rest of the thread contains images you may find disturbing on a military fast jet in active service ...

d7e7e290-5643-4092-9e6a-d9874ec38353.JPG

b145423c-bc5d-4bd7-95a5-e078c9f600dc.JPG

4b9d8461-4490-45cd-bcee-af77c1797ecf.JPG

9200690e-a4a1-415e-9ad3-1d94d5d235a4.JPG

786c6e4f-db32-4900-b6d1-913777089dcc.JPG

920f7f0f-058d-40d1-ac9e-adfda9a818c9.JPG

For the record it's the Kinetic 1/32nd scale Hawk 100 Series kit in the airshow display team colours of the 85th Combat Flying School, South African Air Force. Except for the addition of the rear chaff / flare dispenser it uses the parts straight from the kit. SAAF decals are home made and used alongside kit stencils. The paint scheme is brushed (Vallejo / Xtracrylix acrylics) with the exception of the yellow which is from a rattle can.

Any resemblance to a Mk.120, particularly the cockpit, is coincidental, as the Hawk experts among you will already have noticed.

• Like 24
  • Haha 1