MH-47E, 160th SOAR, Afghanistan

When I was based at Bagram Air Field in the summer 2005, the 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment was based there.  Around midnight you'd hear these guys spool up.  You knew something was going down, nothing good for the Taliban or Al-Qaeda.  Typically these aircraft were unmarked, for the exception of the tail code.  In 2005, Bagram looked like Khe Sanh in 1968.  Hope you like her.

photo 1 (19)

photo 1 (20)

photo 2 (18)

photo 2 (17)photo 3 (12)

photo 3 (13)

IMGP0504

image012

Edited by CMSCHLOM
  • Like 23

great looking build, I thought from the detail it was a larger scale. I see wings on your uniform - I assume you are/were an Army pilot? 

I note that since you last posted you "what if" build of an IJN ,F-35B build the Japanese Government has announced that they might very well be buying F-35B's for their new aircraft carrier. Based on your incredible foresight, can you give me a heads up on next week's lottery numbers?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FIGHTS ON said:

great looking build, I thought from the detail it was a larger scale. I see wings on your uniform - I assume you are/were an Army pilot? 

I note that since you last posted you "what if" build of an IJN ,F-35B build the Japanese Government has announced that they might very well be buying F-35B's for their new aircraft carrier. Based on your incredible foresight, can you give me a heads up on next week's lottery numbers?

I had the good fortune to fly the iconic UH-1 Huey for most of my military career.  I also read that the Japanese are thinking hard about getting the F-35B for their helicopter destroyers.  They are also looking at an agreement to let our USMC F-35Bs use their carriers too.  The Kiddo Butai lives again!  Thinking of sending my model F-35B to the JMSDF for some ideas!

IMG_2686

• Like 1