1936-1943 Home Fleet Grey 507A / 507B

Our brand new 1936-1943 Home Fleet Grey 13% RF (aka Admiralty Pattern 507A and 507B) is now available. I believe this is THE best model paint on the market bar none for Home Fleet Grey.

This is the first in our renumbering to distinguish our suite of new-research based Royal Navy paints from previous work. All new Royal Navy paints will be prefixed with a NARN product code.

https://www.sovereignhobbies.co.uk/collections/royal-navy/products/colourcoats-narn20-1936-1939-home-fleet-grey-507b

I'm glad to see all your hard work on sorting out the true basis for RN WW2 colours coming to its logical conclusion and hopefully give you some return on all that effort Jamie.

Do I take it that the RN02 507B shown as restocking soon is still the same mix based on the Snyder and Short paint chip?

11 hours ago, Francis Macnaughton said:

I'm glad to see all your hard work on sorting out the true basis for RN WW2 colours coming to its logical conclusion and hopefully give you some return on all that effort Jamie.

Do I take it that the RN02 507B shown as restocking soon is still the same mix based on the Snyder and Short paint chip?

Hi, yes, that's the case. I've been reluctant to make sizable batches of that as I've been selling it almost apologetically. It seems that despite the recent information, that some still wish to use RN02 as they've already painted everything else with it. I intend to continue making it in smaller volumes (because in the long run I expect its popularity to decline), partly because of the aforementioned reason and partly because that shade seems typical of what is achieved when an equal-parts mix of 507A and 507C is made to implement a dark-medium tone emergency camouflage design as per C.A.F.O.1112/42 that I recently made available as a PDF also.