H builds “The RAF and me” The Lancaster. Finished

Matt black has been sprayed on and left to dry over the weekend. Also a coat of Future has been brushed over ready for decals. Hope to get cracking next week. 

1 hour ago, nimrod54 said:

Nice start bud, good to see that the old 1/144 peepers are still in working order. :winkgrin:

Never had a problem seeing close up, it’s the distance that gets a bit foggy, but that just could be the local welsh weather :rain:

13 minutes ago, Hockeyboy76 said:

Never had a problem seeing close up, it’s the distance that gets a bit foggy, but that just could be the local welsh weather :rain:

A slight thread drift if I may.

Just before Mrs N and I were married, I had been having problems with my distance vision and decided that after our wedding I would go for an eye test. To cut a long story short, four weeks later I had the test and needed glasses. A couple of weeks after the test I picked up my new specs and went home to my new wife. Caron was quite keen to see how the vision correction apparatus looked, not having seen them up to this point. As I walked in through the door, the first words out of my mouth were 'Good God! I haven't married you have I?'.  :yikes: She has had to put up with quite a lot of such abuse over the past 35+ years.

• Haha 2

43 minutes ago, nimrod54 said:

A slight thread drift if I may.

Just before Mrs N and I were married, I had been having problems with my distance vision and decided that after our wedding I would go for an eye test. To cut a long story short, four weeks later I had the test and needed glasses. A couple of weeks after the test I picked up my new specs and went home to my new wife. Caron was quite keen to see how the vision correction apparatus looked, not having seen them up to this point. As I walked in through the door, the first words out of my mouth were 'Good God! I haven't married you have I?'.  :yikes: She has had to put up with quite a lot of such abuse over the past 35+ years.

I’m sure you meant it all in the nicest way :whistle:   If your going to put your foot in it you might as well just jump completely in. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hockeyboy76 said:

I’m sure you meant it all in the nicest way :whistle:   If your going to put your foot in it you might as well just jump completely in. 

Yes, of course I did mate :whistle:, of course I did. :winkgrin:

A bit more progress on the Lancaster, u/c struts and doors fitted, working on the front glazing before fitting the front turret. Props have had tips painted yellow, masked and now drying under a coat of Matt black. 

• Like 1

She’s starting to fight me now, the bomb bay doors didn’t fit, kept dropping off even with super glue, fingers crossed  they will stay in place this time. Not as much progress as I would like, unfortunately/ fortunately a job has got in the way, car needed a new water pump, which became a new block and all the gubbins. Not much change from £2000 :angrysoapbox.sml::angry:

Anyway

resized_13851948-2a27-476d-8913-7d5c837a

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Finished, but she fought me to the finish line, problems with the props and spinner covers, u/c doors, clear parts, the list goes on. Anyway he’s a teaser photo, more to come when I get some better light

resized_58a5afed-b8e0-4458-a62a-d356f2de

• Like 1

More pictures in the gallery, just a pic here of scale

resized_ea5640d8-a6e0-4bcf-8c7d-506fcc56

Thats a normal size 14ml tin of Humbrol, not a giant one, I know @Rabbit Leader is always looking closely :yikes:

Edited by Hockeyboy76
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, nimrod54 said:

Great job bud, and nicely done on the exhaust staining.

Thanks buddy, That and the paint is about the only things I’m really happy with.