Continuous Air Flow

GazB

So today, whilst discovering that somehow my last cleaning job had missed a bit of paint on the needle, I set about cleaning my airbrush. I recently started removing the nozzle to push the needle out the front to try and avoid fouling in the rear. Unfortunately, as I tightened that back up, it sheared, with the threaded section now inside the airbrush. I've seen a vid where you can potentially remove it, but even if I do, trying to find a compatible nozzle could be an issue. 

I spotted one airbrush that looks identical to the one I have, but is a different make. Only £11.59, with a 4.5 star review. So long as it did the job I'd be happy with it. I then saw a Sparmax Max 3 for £50. It apparently comes with an adapter for use with diaphragm compressors, which I think my little three-mode one is. My question is, would a continuous flow of air blow out as it currently does with my other two airbrushes (my old Revell one will work for now, but the cup is tiny on it), which is great for quick drying. I don't use them in dual action. The Revell one was single, and I somehow made the other work in single. 

I ask primarily because a review video I saw didn't seem to be letting air flow through once the trigger was released, but I figured tha maybe because the reviewer was using a tank compressor. 

If anyone could clarify whether or not the Sparmax Max 3 would continue to release air when I release the trigger, that'd be a big help :)

https://www.emodels.co.uk/sparmax-max-3-airbrush-with-pre-set-handle-and-crown-cap-sp-max-3.html

This is the airbrush/compressor combo I have been using

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Floureon-Airbrush-Compressor-Action-Artwork/dp/B01LZI6UG7

The cheap, potential replacement.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/0-2mm-Dual-Gravity-Feed-Airbrush/dp/B00832H5VO/ref=pd_vtph_328_bs_tr_t_1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=XV63P4BA09SZFZKXNCA4

Cheers,

Gaz 

Ok, you have a fairly basic starter set & have broken the nozzle.

First point of call is to go back to the brush supplier and ask for a new nozzle, they shouldn't cost much if they stock them.

If you can't get one then I would go for a cheap brush, if it'll probably be another Chinese one, use it till it or the compressor dies, then buy a more capable sparmax setup.

Paul

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, little-cars said:

Ok, you have a fairly basic starter set & have broken the nozzle.

First point of call is to go back to the brush supplier and ask for a new nozzle, they shouldn't cost much if they stock them.

If you can't get one then I would go for a cheap brush, if it'll probably be another Chinese one, use it till it or the compressor dies, then buy a more capable sparmax setup.

Paul

I got my set from Amazon, so I don't know if they'll have to nozzle. My Revell one is working fine but, the needle is shorter, so the screw nut doesn't seem to reduce the paint flow on it for finer post shading, lol. So, I guess I'll go for the cheaper one.

Thanks for your advice, Paul :)

Gaz