Heinkel He 111H-6, 1/72, Revell

I have just finished this model. it is Revells issue af the Hasegawa kit. I had to scratch some details to make it look like the a/c in the ref. photo that i used. Making the baloon wire cutter rail on the cockpit was the biggest challenge i used cardboard soaked in whiteglue, that made it possibel to get into the same shape as the canopy, without damaging the clear parts. Also the exhaust flame dampers is home made using plastic tupe in the right diamention. The Torpedoes was also modified, with the plywood attachment at the back, they came from the Zvezda JU 88A-5 kit. Reference was found on my good friend Neil's Blok page. http://falkeeins.blogspot.dk/2015/10/3-kg-26-he-111-torpedo-bomber-salon-de.html

20180326_15131620180326_15083720180326_150741

1He111Torpedo.jpg

Cheers

Jes

• Like 27

That is a super job, and great execution on the wavy lines scheme.

To me though, looking at the period photo and comparing the tone of the lines with the white cross, they appear to be something other than white.  Same thing with the outline of the 'P' code.  Mind you, all this does not take away from a fine presentation.

regards,

Jack

....I really admire guys like you Jes who can take a picture and with a little imagination and a few extras turn it into a very neat model - makes the small effort in 'saving' and re-posting the pics for future reference all the more worthwhile..

• Like 1