1/72 Aoshima George

Finished up this fantastic little kit. The cockpit is made of 16 parts! Fine panel lines, no flash, and great fit. I added Master Models 20 mm cannons, Montex masks, and MRP paint. Thanks for looking!

resized_dbc4694f-6323-4171-a957-5467c7ca

resized_bc6c1dc5-cfe9-4875-bcf8-4caa9eb5

resized_f8f47095-931a-40dc-aca0-8d04a54d

resized_f51ff2a9-0b78-4f5f-a3fe-5b1b233f

resized_7336f056-913c-4449-96c9-a0712007 

• Like 40
  • Thanks 1

Gorgeous model! And the scuffed paint looks completely convincing.

One question: did the prop really sit that far from the engine? It seems that there's a bit more gap between the spinner back plate and the cowling than you can see on period photos…

Superb modelling!

Kind regards,

Joachim

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Spitfire31 said:

Gorgeous model! And the scuffed paint looks completely convincing.

One question: did the prop really sit that far from the engine? It seems that there's a bit more gap between the spinner back plate and the cowling than you can see on period photos…

Superb modelling!

Kind regards,

Joachim

I didn't notice! The prop shaft has a step molded in that prevents if from going further into the engine. Luckily, I haven't glued it in yet so I think I'll see what I can do to make it more accurate. Thanks for the feedback Joachim!

Rich

Rich,

The mechs probably removed the prop at the surrender, as ordered, and just slapped it back on without pushing it all the way back in for photos- ha! I can only echo what the others have said- a very nice build and the wear and tear is well-done. The new-tool Aoshima kits are all sleepers- the N1K1's, the Ta-152H's, and their Ki-61/Ki-100's are all excellent kits- great fit, well-detailed and scribed and very reasonable in price from HLJ. Well done!

Mike

• Like 1