Yak-130 'Mitten'; Zvezda 1:72

Hi everyone!

Here's my first finished build of 2018. Yeah, I'd normally have 3 or 4 finished by now, but life got in a way a bit :D

You can find the full article and photogallery at my modelling blog.

yak130-14-XL.jpg

yak130-9-XL.jpg

yak130-5-XL.jpg

yak130-1-XL.jpg

yak130-12-XL.jpg

• Like 41

This is a very fine model. The type had not interested me at all until I saw this!

You have done a superb job here. I love the finish and I have to ask how did you do the MDC in the canopy? It looks very effective.

I will take a look at your blog.

Thanks for sharing

Terry

On ‎27‎.‎03‎.‎2018 at 12:12 PM, IPMS19 said:

- Very nice model,  seeing yours , my interest for this machine is growing  I'm intering the  searching mode to find her in 48 inch scale.....

Thank you! KittyHawk will release it, probably sometime this year, in 1:48 scale.

17 hours ago, Terry1954 said:

This is a very fine model. The type had not interested me at all until I saw this!

You have done a superb job here. I love the finish and I have to ask how did you do the MDC in the canopy? It looks very effective.

I will take a look at your blog.

Thanks for sharing

Terry

Thanks Terry.

Regarding the MDC line. It was the first time for me painting it. Actually I almost ruined the canopy on my first try and had to polish it and dip in Future to regain clarity. In the end, I used photoetched piece from ModelDesign PE fret, which dissapointed me on the oversized parts for the cockpit, but worked here... It was still a chore to get it bent, though.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, InFlames said:

Thanks Terry.

Regarding the MDC line. It was the first time for me painting it. Actually I almost ruined the canopy on my first try and had to polish it and dip in Future to regain clarity. In the end, I used photoetched piece from ModelDesign PE fret, which dissapointed me on the oversized parts for the cockpit, but worked here... It was still a chore to get it bent, though.

Well it has come out very well indeed. I want to try it one day, but its a scary thing to do on a canopy if you make a mistake!

Terry