• 4 weeks later...

Sorry to report I’ve not had much time to get on this project. 

I started recently by replacing my building desk with 2 larger office desks so now I have more room. That spread in to a workplace tidy up that took longer than expected. 

Anyway. I’ve managed to get a 1st coat of some camouflage on. 

42486870635_0c54ba948f_b.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Its looking good so far Steve. Glad to see it back on the bench. 

Thanks very much. 

Hopefully a little more will get done this week Before we visit the lakes on holiday Sunday 😀

• Like 1

😩

On 21/07/2018 at 09:23, Steve_farrier said:

Thanks @Kris B, but what makes you worried of it? It’s honestly not as complicated as it looks, key is just keeping the same diameter spray 🙂 

My shaking hand. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone 🙂 

more progress done recenlty after managing some early finishes from work. 

tracks have been coming together  part of the builds I always hate! 

42980528735_c0be241479_b.jpg

the tracks were all painted on the sprus first a black undercoat ( the paint I use has a slight texture to it ... I’ll put the brand name up later) 

then random oversprays of 2 tone browns. The parts were all then cut off the spru, put in to plastic cups and mixed up, when picking the pieces out to glue up they gave a healthy variation of tones 

42980529415_a77ee8aaed_b.jpg

Tracks done it was time to glue the lrear of the vehicle to the chassis. This involved ALOT of wire chasing and soldering 

43844106782_8588d3f972_b.jpg43174502004_0d8f0e921e_b.jpg

I’m pretty pleased with the initial results, I have some filling to do where the lights escaping. I also need to adjust the brightness of the lights in the recover lenses , I might have to do this with a mask of Matt varnish to try dull it. Or even a dark green wash. As these units didn’t really omit any light, just received the inferred light from the main beam and driving lamp. However I’ve just added it for interest. 

I’ve used red leds and smds rather than true infer red (or infra red I can never remember which is which) 

n cut stage is weathering after fixing the above issues. 

I’ve applied a satin varnish to start applying decals and oil streaks. Hopefully some done tomorrow 

enjoy 🙂 

• Like 4