Zulu Unmarried Warriors(28MM)

• Jim Wasley changed the title to Zulu Unmarried Warriors(28MM)
7 hours ago, HL-10 said:

Impressive work!

Have always found the Anglo-Zulu war fascinating, and these guys are truly very well done! :)

:goodjob:

Thanks,I only new about them by the movie with Michael Caine,but after reading about the true events,yes I found it interesting as well.Cheers.P.S. having a senior moment here as a boy never took any notice of history at school,maybe if we built these models it would have been a better way to learn,sorry about the ramblings.

3 hours ago, Seahawk said:

Question: how do we know they are unmarried?  They certainly look quite cross about something.

I'm no expert,all I went by was what info that came with the kit and some googling,in a nut shell they have different shield colours,hair style and were younger,best to read about it would be my advice,Cheers. 

Brave Men's Blood: The Epic of the Zulu War 1879 - Ian Knight is a good start to get to know what we British were playing at in Southern Africa.

Edited by FredG
typo
  • Thanks 1

Lovely work Jim well done,as for them facing the 24th foot I think I would rather face them as my wife with her rolling pin in hand with a voice that could turn a RSM to a jibbering wreck .Have to go now "just comming dear".:thumbsup::rofl:

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Homer said:

Lovely work Jim well done,as for them facing the 24th foot I think I would rather face them as my wife with her rolling pin in hand with a voice that could turn a RSM to a jibbering wreck .Have to go now "just comming dear".:thumbsup::rofl:

Thanks Homer,yes she who must be obeyed,think it's best to agree than disagree,good to see your about,and hope the health and weather is improving for you,Cheers.

Hey Jim, is there a diorama for these figures in progress? You do great dios, and I'll bet it would be a great way to show these fellas off? Just a suggestion, you understand! :)

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, clive_t said:

Hey Jim, is there a diorama for these figures in progress? You do great dios, and I'll bet it would be a great way to show these fellas off? Just a suggestion, you understand! :)

Thanks Clive,They are all piled in a box at this moment,Do have a few sand bags made up for the British to take cover behind,with the Zulus at full charge,it's just gone on the back burner at the moment,have a 1/35 Australian Centurion on the build,and I have recieved 8 boxes of 28mm Perry British metal figures of the Sudan war from your part of the world,cost me an arm and a leg but could not buy anywhere else(exchange rate sucks),so I jumped in and started on a kit of the 7 pounder screw gun and 4 figures,almost finished the painting,and I also have the camel group I'm itching to paint,just not enough hours in the day,so thanks for the suggestion,it's kind of you and I do understand:yes: Cheers Mate. 

• Like 1