Hawker Henley TT

JOCKNEY

The Magna one builds up well, you just have to trim the cockpit insert thoroughly to get the fuselage halves to go together,

Ross

• Like 2

11 hours ago, rossm said:

The Magna one builds up well, you just have to trim the cockpit insert thoroughly to get the fuselage halves to go together,

Ross

Thanks for the tip Ross, if I manage not the mangle the vacform canopy for it would you like the spare one for your build to replace the yellowed one ?

11 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

Thanks for the tip Ross, if I manage not the mangle the vacform canopy for it would you like the spare one for your build to replace the yellowed one ?

Yes please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What stalled my build was masking the canopy - I had attached it with PVA and it started to come adrift when pressing the masking tape on so next time I plan to mask before attaching it. You probably know but if you use Krystal Klear (essentially PVA glue) generously it will fill small gaps and you can smooth it after it has set using a wet cotton bud and gently wiping until the surface dissolves (starts to go white again). You just have to stop when you have removed enough for it to blend in but before it unsticks. The good thing with PVA being water soluble is you can have as many goes as you need (or your patience can stand) to get it so you are happy with it.

Fingers firmly crossed :)

Ross

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 3/23/2018 at 1:21 PM, Rob S said:

Thought I had a photo of the Formaplane kit I nearly finished back in 1986 but couldn't find it.  From memory it was still in gloss but had decals applied so maybe got up to matting it down but then life got in the way .....  

Photo posted in this Thread

• Like 1