Airfix Hawker Typhoon Mk1b 1/72

This my latest build the Hawker Typhoon, having built the Eurofighter Typhoon (see previous RFI) my intention is to display the 2 together as old and new. This model went together so easily with very little filler. I painted it with Tamiya acrylics using a conversion table I downloaded, I'm not convinced by the grey on the upper surfaces so I will be interested to see what you more experienced modelers think.

All comments and criticisms are welcome.

IMG_3991.jpg

IMG_3992.jpg

IMG_3993.jpg

IMG_3994.jpg

IMG_3996.jpg

IMG_3997.jpg

IMG_3999.jpg

Thanks for looking.

• Like 25

Nice job - particularly in flying mode, which helps to show its purposeful lines. Really like the 2nd TAF C1 roundels on the wings. For my money the RAF should have kept those post-war too.

Justin

Looks very nice.  The Airfix kit is great isn't it?  I just finished one myself. I love what you did with the stand  -- the dive angle really gives it some action.

This is not a criticism, but an observation -- I noticed in some of my reference photos that the exhaust staining kind of arched up and then back, which is how I chose to do mine.  Yours looks fine too.

Great job.

Ha, SoftScience beat me to it - love the way the pilot leans forward, and especially in the last shot where you can see him peering intently through the windscreen!

Andrew

6 hours ago, opus999 said:

Looks very nice.  The Airfix kit is great isn't it?  I just finished one myself. I love what you did with the stand  -- the dive angle really gives it some action.

This is not a criticism, but an observation -- I noticed in some of my reference photos that the exhaust staining kind of arched up and then back, which is how I chose to do mine.  Yours looks fine too.

Great job.

Thanks, and yes it is a great kit. Your comment about exhaust staining makes sense with airflow over the wing, I must take that into account.

Top stuff!

You say you're not convinced by the grey colour, but it looks fine to me (though not an expert on such matters).

They do say that, when it comes to grey, there are fifty shades....................................:rofl: