1/32 - Nieuport Ni.17 by Copper State Models - released - new Italian AF decals

Homebee

5 hours ago, HMSLion said:

I'm laughing...because with this kit, Copper State just declared war on Wingnut Wings.

I doubt that. As per a previous thread on here, French aircraft have so far not been a priority with WNW (for whatever reason). You could just as well say CSM have declared war on Academy/Hobbycraft, who already do a Nie. 17 (and for that matter a Camel).

Paul.

Hopefully, this will be a big enough hit to encourage them to exploit the breach it'll make in the Academy/Hobbycraft line and do a SPAD XIII. and then they'll complete the rout with a SPAD XII... 

• Like 1

I'll agree that 'declaring war' seems a bit ambitious...like a flea declaring war on a St. Bernard...but it's a very exciting development, nonetheless. Let's hope it's just the first effort of a long series to come!

• Like 1

Rivalry, at least.  The amusing part being that the First World War market is large and largely untapped.  As opposed to the Second World War, where every kit maker and his kid brother is cranking out the same tired old subjects.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Homebee said:

See homepage online store: http://www.copperstatemodels.com/

V.P.

Thank you.  Lazy approach on my part, I know, but I was too busy ogling those 3D renders.

(Aaaargh, oh-err . . .Just logged on and seen that Lanchester armoured car.  What have I been missing out on!!?)

Edited by Dave Batt
Deep thought . . .

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

4%20Yoda.png

We are planning to make several nations at the start
2 French kits - early and late with 4 markings for each, so it`s total of 8
1 Russian kit - 4 markings
And in partnership with Melius Manu, who does all our decal designs, we are preparing around 20 french markings and some Italian markings as well. Please note that each of the decal markings will be sold as a stand-alone set, so the modeller would be able to choose from the variety that we are going to offer
For the British markings, we are doing an additional kit, as some parts should be done in plastic to have an accurate model

Edited by Homebee

On 8/10/2018 at 5:25 PM, Homebee said:

For the British markings, we are doing an additional kit, as some parts should be done in plastic to have an accurate model

(Just to be strictly accurate, Homebee was quoting here.)

Do those parts include a camera by any chance?  I know 60 Sqn equipped one or two of their aircraft with cameras to make an early FR aircraft, sadly can't find any more details ... yet ...

6 hours ago, MikeC said:

(Just to be strictly accurate, Homebee was quoting here.)

Do those parts include a camera by any chance?  I know 60 Sqn equipped one or two of their aircraft with cameras to make an early FR aircraft, sadly can't find any more details ... yet ...

Mike, you should ask your (interesting) question at CopperState's FB-site (https://m.facebook.com/copperstatemodels/), Edgar is usually answering quite quickly!

• Like 1