Universal Carrier

Like the weathering and tones to the body of the vehicle.  Very pleasing result.

Nearly finished the same model myself part of me wishes I had left out the figures, as the driver seems to sit too low.

Think I will add x3 ariels to mine.

Did you find fit of bottom front plate a pig to get right?

Edited by Hairtrigger
Grammar
  • Thanks 1

On 22/03/2018 at 12:30 PM, Hairtrigger said:

Like the weathering and tones to the body of the vehicle.  Very pleasing result.

Nearly finished the same model myself part of me wishes I had left out the figures, as the driver seems to sit too low.

Think I will add x3 ariels to mine.

Did you find fit of bottom front plate a pig to get right?

I built this kit 40 yrs ago and it was as much a pig to fit back then as it is now. Back then I just bent the plate to fit and taped it while the glue set... but then the 'glacis' doesn't fit properly. I built the same kit a couple of years ago and this time filled the gap with plasticard, keeping everything square. The figures are a pain to fit as well. The bren gunner being a giant compared to the driver.... a giant with a huge recess in his bottom BTW. Still, if you DO get them in they don't look that bad to be honest, though probably the Bren gunner could do with a hornet head replacement. And yes, 3 aerials is the way to go!

Rearguards,

Badder

On 23/03/2018 at 3:19 PM, Ratch said:

Thanks Steve, I've just done the figures that come with the kit.

Nice Carrier Ratch,

Good go see it in plain sand camo. I'll suggest replacing the tarpaulin on the back, but only because EVERYONE says to ditch it and make your own. (My carrier STILL has the kit tarpaulin on it, but I WILL get around to making a new one).

On 23/03/2018 at 3:19 PM, Ratch said:

413823565.jpg

Good job on the figures as well, even though they aren't the best from Tamiya. Fortunately they are such a tight fit that the worst bits of them can't really be seen.

I have one in the stasth, to go with a Churchill mk VII and a Cromwell, so that should tell you that despite everything, it's a great kit to have!

Rearguards,

Badder

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Badder said:

I'll suggest replacing the tarpaulin on the back, but only because EVERYONE says to ditch it and make your own.

Cheers Badder, I used neither the tarpaulin nor the crew in the diorama :thanks:

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Ratch said:

Cheers Badder, I used neither the tarpaulin nor the crew in the diorama :thanks:

Ah, I missed the dio due to the M3-M4 STGB, just caught up and commented now.

Rearguards

Badder

• Thanks 1