EE Lightning F1

A beauty.  The nicest scheme to be applied to the Lightning in my humble opinion and beautifully executed.  Very nice tonal variations on the natural metal and great cockpit detail. 

Beautiful job on that Lightning! So the F.1 had a black cockpit - since I'm about to do a whole lotta airbrushing with black, I'll dig out my 1/72nd scale Airfix Lightning and give the cockpit a good going over.

Regards,

Jason

Wow, this is superb - nice job! Isn't this the Lightning Clarkson had delivered to his front lawn in one episode of Top Gear? I also recall it was the same one that was parked just inside the main gate at Booker for a few years in the late 90s - I did my PPL there at that time and we had a good crawl over it one day. It wasn't in great shape at that time, and seemed to be headed for being turned into spares to help other restoration projects. Not sure what happened to it after that.

Edit: seems it's in good hands after all: http://www.thunder-and-lightnings.co.uk/lightning/survivor.php?id=31 (and it was Speed, not Top Gear).

Edited by Graham In Oz
Updated with more info
  • Like 1